What's new

Fuel pump rewire opinions

Reaction score
Country
I suppose this is an electrical question.

My mate has an R32 that he modifies heavily and he gave me a suggestion for my new s15 that I should rewire the fuel pump to be constantly on (while the car is on of course) to provide as must pressure as possible to the rail 100% of the time. I've never heard of this before so I'm a bit apprehensive. Is this necessary on an sr20? I'm planning on installing a walbro and some time in the future upgrading the injectors when I get around to getting a link ecu.

Throw some ideas at me

Reaction score
Country
Ive never heard of this before. as far as Im aware the fuel pump is always on from the moement you turn the ignition on as it has to prime the system. if the pumpp isnt pumping then you wont get any fuel through :s And yes for bigger injectors a walbro or better is a must as the standard pump cant cope

Reaction score
Country
its a bogan trick, that you do when you have a stock fuel pump and want to run higher boost to stop leaning at high revs on a stock ECU, if you run a better fuel pump, and have your car mapped it wont be a issue

Reaction score
Country
try a tuning developments pump just as good but a lot quieter:thumbs: mine was wired to be on permanent as precaution against leaning out:nod:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It's to do with voltage. Hard wiring it to the battery via a relay and tapping into the original ecu signal, is supposed to feed the pump full 13.5 charging volts. Supposed to help with power! Pretty common in the skyline world and would do no harm on S-bodies.
Just make sure you look it up on which wires go where etc.

Reaction score
Country
also if you do the full time max volt suppy to the fuel pump ensure that you do NOT run out of gas otherwise you will burn the pump out in about 10 sec, but then you will have to buy a better pump, anyway why are you being a tight arse when a better pump is not that expensive??

Reaction score
Country
also if you do the full time max volt suppy to the fuel pump ensure that you do NOT run out of gas otherwise you will burn the pump out in about 10 sec, but then you will have to buy a better pump, anyway why are you being a tight arse when a better pump is not that expensive??
No, This is for when I HAVE a walbro. If it's a waste of effort then I definitely won't to do it