What's new

Airbag sensor

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, I just bought another S15 and have a few questions on the airbag sensor. When I bought it the guy explained that the car had been used as a track/driftday car before and they had dislocated the airbag sensor at the front and used an other steeringwheel so now when the oem wheels is back the airbag light is flashing because as he said the sensor is missing.

He then gave me two (?!) sensors and said that they would be easy to install. Anyway, I checked the front today for any loose contacts, and found a sensor sitting there already. Same numbers on it as the one I had in my hand. So now I wonder if there is more than one airbag sensor or if he had no idea of what he is talking about.

He also said that when oem wheel was put it he hadn't connected the contact (dont ask me why) and the horn is not working either so I suspect this to be true.

But my real question is like above, is there more that one airbag sensor and does anyone know where they are located? Or am I lucky and the problem with the flashing airbaglight is just because the connector in the wheel is not connected?

Pics:

This is what he gave me on side, what is the one to the right?

This is what is installed on the car.

Thanks in advance / Magnus