What's new

HELP! S15 Spec S with s13 sr20det redtop inside...I need speedo working!

L

Luvs2slide

Ok, long story short...I have a s15 spec S with a s13 sr20det redtop which was swapped by the previous owner. Car runs good, just that I don't have a working speedometer.

I've done TONS of research and I know that the speed signal goes:
Speed Sensor in Diff -> ABS cpu (which converts into square wave) -> Dash -> ECU.

I figure I would have to get the Dakota Digital speed converter box but will this setup still work with the s13 ECU?

Any gurus out there that could make any suggestions? Any guidance is greatly appreciated!!!

L

Luvs2slide

Really? Nobody?

The FSM is showing the two ABS plugs that plug into the ABS module (black box) are two Grey plugs; but mine have 1 black plug and 1 grey plug...Anyone know why? The pins are also different than what the FSM states.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Spec s are rare over here especially with a Redtop conversion. Most use the black top which is more or less the same. But using a Redtop then the ecu will be totally wrong and not compatible, I would imagine, with the much newer abs modules.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it would be worth posting this onto the SXOC?

L

Luvs2slide

The only thing i can think of being wrong with the Ecu is that its looking for a different signal from the abs. The s13 motors use a speedo in the transmission which goes pretty much to the cluster and ecu...it doesnt get converted.