What's new

Strange Problem :/

rudd-o

Reaction score
Hello

i have a strange problem with my car .
It begun a shining morning which i took it for a ride then after some time of normal driving conditions the engine stopped suddenly and it couldnt start again so i pull it off the road i checked the engine bay for anything strange and after some on/off attempts i heard the lovely sound of the fuel pump from behind
then i tried to start the car and guess what? it started !! . So i thought it was the fuel pump .

I replaced it with a new TOMEI. After the pump installation today i got the car for a ride (2k~2.5k rpm) to see if the engine will turn off or not but everything was ok until i pushed the car a little .
After 10 minuites of some happy tail driving the the car stopped again ! :( so i did what i did last time and i left it home :/

Some information that would be helpful

This started after my last oil change , We checked the sparkplugs also this day but their condition was good and we put them back in .

The strange parts of the story.
1) The steeng fluid tank has bubble activity but not boils .
2) A highpitch noise comming out from the alternator
3) Inside the car at the center of the console on engine idle a strange noise like fm static can be heard (its not from the radio :) )

Reaction score
Country
a few bubbles in the steering fluid is not the end of the world, a high pitch noise coming from the alternator.... is it the belt or the alternator itself? have you replaced you ecu or done anyting with the wiring underthere? relays and other bits of circuitry can make noises like that when they are on there way out. if it happens after giving the car stick, you could be heating and frying something electrical. But without being there all I can offer is a total guess..

Reaction score
Country
by any chance do you have a aftermarket exhaust manifold? is it melting any of the wiring on the coil loom?

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
It's not unheard of for the ignition barrel to become faulty, or alarm systems to also do the same.

It could also be a faulty relay, corrosion, damaged wires, well to be honest the list is endless.

start by removing the fuel pump fuse, cleaning its legs and putting it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

S152NV

Hey guys. I have a 01 s15 spec s. 80% of the time im driving around i can hear my ac compressor clicking on and off even when the ac is turned off... And it does the same thing when ac is turned on.. Has anyone eles had this electrical problem?