What's new

Limited Speedo!

L

Lee75

My speedo is limited to 112mph! is this normal?
Is there anything i can do to unlimite it? :confused:

K

kieran

lol yeah very normal, you can either use it as an excuse to buy a power fc :thumbs: or just buy a de-restrictor next your gonna ask me where from........i have a clue actually im sure on mine it was as simple as snipping a wire from the back of the speedo.......i could be talking bollocks though

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
That's strange. :confused:
Does your speedo read in mph or Km/h?
By fitting the converter-box, you shouldn't be seeing the speed-cut until 180mph.

It wasn't just a misfire or something?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Is your speedo still set to Km/h? The convertor should take care of the 112mph (or 180km/h) restriction. The recalibration tricks the restictor into thinking it needs to cut in at 180mph instead of km/h.

As stated, a PFC will remove the restriction, as will one of Jez's (Horsham Developments) custom chips.

L

Lee75

Thanks for the replys guys. its set to mph by the sva place, it has a converter at the back of the clock :confused: it does go faster than 112mph but how fast i do not know :rolleyes:

T

Toby

I have bought a car from Ireland, so need to get the clocks reading in mph, and loose the limiter too. Where can I get one? And has anyone done it before?