What's new

boost gauge

R

Russ

hiya, noticed today my gauge needle isnt moving but it still lights up when lights on, i feel like im getting turbo boost so not sure if the gauge is just not working properly, any methods to check?

thanks all

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
It's probably just the vacuum pipe has come off from the sensor, its a little black box mounted on the drivers side strut tower, the original tubing is prone to splitting from age

R

Russ

Hiya is it a small bkack box held by bracket..one small pioe going to a t-peice and other to battery?If so thats all ok...checked other pipes and all seem fine. Did read gauge is prone to just stop working even though lights up?

R

Russ

the needle just stays still, was working when i picked car up, i have changed the lights to some hids so disconnected the battery few times if that would stop it?

R

Russ

just been out and it was working fine until i was idling in car park for awhile and i noticed needle had dropped to the -7 mark and then didnt work return journey.

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
well sounds like the controller is partially working, if it was just the tube it would always stay a 0, I've got a spare controller and gauge your welcome to have if you wanna drop by my place Saturday, need to check they still work Thursday on the car since they've been in the garage for a while. dont need them anymore and just been too lazy to sell

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Checked erm today, they're working fine.

anytime after 12:00 on sat is fine, i'll have some tools with me anyway if you want to try replacing them here.

address is in the pm

Nick