What's new

audio help

R

Russ

heya

can anyone tell me where to buy a stereo unit bracket, my car currently has 2 single din units installed from japan (midi disc player and a dvd player) i will most likely take the dvd player out 1st as its all in japanese and not picking many stations up here.. secondly what size speakers are in the s15 and locations? (spec R if thats any different to the S. )

thanks all

Russ

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
The speaker size should be 6" diameter and ur find the original radio equipment is attached to the car by a hidden frame behind the dash. Should fit any head unit you buy. Done mine was pretty simple

Edit: theres two other items you will need, adapters for the aerial and the speaker plugs. Will look up the info when i get home from work tonight

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you choose to fit an amp and run components there is a space conveniently made for the tweeter in the piece of plastic surrounding the door handle, if you pull it off there is a circle mould just the right size on the rear. It must have been for an audio upgrade option from the factory.
There are also two 6" (i believe) speakers in the parcel shelf, as well as the two 6" in the doors.

R

Russ

awesome, thanks guys, the car currently has a mini disc unit and a dvd player with motorised screen, so not sure what has been done behind it yet. :)

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
This is how to get the radio out

unbutton the gear stick gator
Lift the gator over the gear knob
Pull the trim with the Gear layout symbol on it
unscrew the two screws holding the trim ( in front of the gear stick shown in the pic)
Lift the trim near the radio first to unclip it and then lift upwards and outwards, drop it towards the passenger side were all the spare cable is
to get the main radio frame out you need to unscrew the air con and remove ( dont worry about unplugging it, it can happily hang in the drivers footwell)
remove the final two screws and the cage will be able to be pulled out

i think your right about the door tweeter, i've installed mine there and i've seen pictures from nissan that show it for an optional extra for another setup

as for the other items your need:

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/pc2-76-4-adaptor

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/pc5-87-adaptor

Last edited: