What's new

Apexi PowerFC or Something Else????

Reaction score
Country
I currently have an Apexi PowerFC installed in my S15. It was already installed in my car when I purchased it. I'm not a big fan of having the controller loosly sitting around in the car (I am going to have it velcroed somewhere so that it is out of the way). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to other options out there. I've been doing a little research and have come across NISTUNE, AEM EMS, and a few others that I can't remember the name of. I would like something that I could plug a laptop to and do some mapping on that. I don't peticularly like the small screen of the PowerFC. I'm also wondering if there is a system out there that would connect to say an aftermarket stereo that has a large screen (like a DVD/GPS system).

Of course there is always the option to just keep the PowerFC, but if I'm able to sell it and fund something that is a little more eye appealing and easier to use for monitoring and mapping, I'd like to take a look at that route.

Reaction score
Country
Why do you not keep the apex'i and get a universal mobile phone holder to mount the controller where you can see it that way you can monitor knock, boost etc? That's what I do. Or if your feeling flush get the actual apex'i holder

Reaction score
Country
yea id go with cap n crash i want one of those for those reasons of all the different monitoring peramators it has plus it looks cool as **** on the dash :D

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
If you don't like the look of the hand controller just unplug it. I've only ever used Apexi FC's so can't comment on anything else sorry.