What's new

Changing the boost gauge

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I know there is a sticky, but have a quick question.

When replacing the standard for a Defi / Depo / etc, does the 60mm gauges people use have the same mounting holes on the back of the gauge as the standard one? or how do people stop it moving?

Reason I ask is I bought a 52mm one as I didn't want to trim anything, but there is nothing to keep it fixed and stop it from moving around. The two holes on the back don't line up to bolt it in.

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
with the 60mm defi (at least in my instance) it was too big to install behind the cover without removing more of the plastic with a chisel so what i did was grind down the original hole to open it up just enough to fit the gauge in so it was tight. you would really have to pull it to yank it out again and the gauge hides the hole anyway so it looks like its original

No mounting holes anyway behind it on the 60 defi

can always take it off tomorrow if you want pics

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
When I tried fitting my 52mm gauge, there is a nothing to hold it against the face of the holder, it just falls back. I presume the 60mm is deeper? If you could take a picture of the back of the trim with the gauge fitted it would be a great help.

Reaction score
Country
I think you'll find the 52 mm is too small dude, my defi boost is 60mm and has been 'wedged' in by cutting the original aperture and slotting the gauge over the front. I'll try and find a pic. I have seen some people put the defi behind the factory gauge plastic surround thing but I personally don't think it looks as good...

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
That gauge holder in the glovebox looks great! Where did you get that?
Again Dan made it. Make up some 60mm plastic rings to hold the gauges, L shaped wooden board about 3mm thick, hot glue all of that in desired shape and then I'm presuming he's used filler on the front to create the curves. Then spray it up and good to go! I actually just removed it as I've put the defi's in the middle air vents.