What's new

moving the engine fuse box under the dash?

Reaction score
Country
yo,

rekon this is too much effort for whats it worth?

the engine bay is getting stripped, rust treated and painted next month and done know weither its worth getting this done in the mean time to free up some space?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ask paddyb01 I'm sure he moved his mate ;)
I'm looking to move mine too when I strip the bay so be interested to see th response you get to this

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Ill be doing this when i get the car back. Won't be an issue if you have the basics of electronics. To be safe you could do it one wire at a time..?

Reaction score
Country
would moving it affect the current/voltage loss if you're lengthening and chopping some of the wires and such? or should it run fine straight away? I've wanted to do this for ages but it seems like a bit of a faff..

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
as long as you use the same size wire or bigger, as the ones your extending it wont be a problem as you'd only be adding a metre or so.

but there will no doubt be up to 5 different size wires.

Reaction score
Country
did anyone get any further on this? tooley maybe i know you did it? im doing a battery relocation and once the battery was gone it was like, man that fuse box look ugly as hell, anyone who did it, photos or tips, "what i did was this" where did you run all the wires through the firewall, big grommet on drivers side?

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
did anyone get any further on this? tooley maybe i know you did it? im doing a battery relocation and once the battery was gone it was like, man that fuse box look ugly as hell, anyone who did it, photos or tips, "what i did was this" where did you run all the wires through the firewall, big grommet on drivers side?

I didnt end up moving mine inside the car. I will do it next year when i put an LS3 in the 15.

I did relocate the battery and relocate the fuse box to where the battery used to be and my loom now runs over the tower. I used thicker wire to compensate for the battery voltage drop.

Ill get some pics later :)

Reaction score
Country
I took mine along the chassis rail and in through the drivers side grommet as a lot of cables come from the fuse box near the drivers feet. I then took my fuse box to the boot. Will try and sort some pictures out tomorrow. Not too hard if you don't do too many cables at a time. I imagine if you were clever about it you could unplug it from the drivers footwell push It back through and re route it with out having to extend many wires at all. I've seen people melt the plugs down to get in through the drivers side grommet lol!

Reaction score
I took mine along the chassis rail and in through the drivers side grommet as a lot of cables come from the fuse box near the drivers feet. I then took my fuse box to the boot. Will try and sort some pictures out tomorrow. Not too hard if you don't do too many cables at a time. I imagine if you were clever about it you could unplug it from the drivers footwell push It back through and re route it with out having to extend many wires at all. I've seen people melt the plugs down to get in through the drivers side grommet lol!
I put mine in the drivers foot well just behind the panel, i removed a lot of wires that dont do anyting think it was 7 or 8 wires i had to make longer and the one for the battery to the boot, took about a week on and off, its one of those things you cant realy talk anyone though theres so many ways of doing it....