What's new

Heater blower system

Reaction score
Country
Anyone had issues with the internal dash board blower system not changing direction?

Mine started making a clicking noise all the time and wouldnt change air flow direction. Fans work ok.

I've pulled the dash out and can see the arms outside the blower box seem to be jammed yet there is no debris stopping the flaps from opening or closing.

Ive tried lubing it up but it seems like something has broken or the motor the moves the internals had become too weak...

I bet no one has one for sale either?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
On fords and ssyangyongs I've had the mix flap motor fail. Sounds similar! As you say I bet no one has one, s14 might be the same, best phone Nissan for part numbers to see if their the same!

Reaction score
Country
I've got a similar issue when I change modes on the climate control I get around 10 clicks when I choose air to be directed to the foot well.
No clicking on any other setting.

Reaction score
Country
I had exactly the same problem. It was one of the gears of the mode door assembly (actuator for changing the airflow direction) which lost a few tooth and ended up making this clicking noise everytime i tried to change the airflow direction.
I ended up replacing the mode door unit.
The Part is labelled as "Actuator Assy" P/N is 27731-65F01.