What's new

Calling all amateur auto-electricians!

Reaction score
Country
Big problem, hopefully simple fix:

Last I drove my car, the headlights were working. Between then and now, they have stopped. Kaput. Here are my symptoms:

1. Park lights and interior/dash lights turn on after turning the combination switch one click,
2. Those same lights remain on, none turn off after turning the switch one more click (Which should be headlights)
3. No fuses (as far as I can tell) are blown.
4. Highbeams work

Does anyone have any idea wtf happened?!

Also, the car started and the engine was running while I did all this, so it isn't a [semi-] flat battery.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
NEW SYMPTOM:

Highbeams DO NOT work. "Flash-to-pass" does, so the bulbs are sweet, leading me to believe this may be a bigger problem than first thought.

According to the service manual, there are two fuses to check, I have checked these and they are fine.

Anyone?

Reaction score
Website
forum.nissansilvia.ru
Country
Maybe you damaged front lights wiring - i'ts located in front fender (jusy by fender trim) and can be damaged pretty easily.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If you don't have a solution in a couple of days, let me know and I will have a look at the wiring diagram for you. Things are a little busy at the moment.

Reaction score
Country
It was bulbs. Both low beam bulbs at the same time. Was easy to fix in the end BUT...

Now I need to figure out WHY/HOW both of them blew at the same time. Seems highly strange that after driving the car at night, turning off the lights, turning the car off then coming back to drive it the next day they were both goneskies. I will continue to look into it to see if there are any shorts.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Just unlucky I guess. I have had bulbs go within a couple of days of each other.

Reaction score
Country
For once I'm hoping it was a bad coincidence. The car's been giving me a bit of grief lately. Had a popped tyre the other week, and the space-saver tyre that it was sold to me with is the entirely wrong stud pattern...

Anyway, I guess you can call this one "SOLVED" for now.