What's new

D1 super ground kit help

A

andyvass

Can anyone help me with this?
I need fitting help as when it comes to electrics I'm a complete pleb! But it doesn't look to taxing lol
if anyone has fitted one could they possibly post pics up of where each end connects to :) would be a massive help.
Thanks guys :D

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well mine didn't fit onto my negative battery terminal, as I have a smaller battery, so I modified it to fit onto the bolt. All you have to do is connect it to various metal locations around the engine bay, i.e engine, inner wings, strut top, existing earth points! Anyway Here's a pic of mine

A

andyvass

The pic helped a lot mate cheers, I find it a lot easier to see instead of read instructions haha,

Im not sure if it gives any more power but it obeiously does something good and it looks cool :)

Reaction score
Country
Earthing Kit Test, and reality facts.........

Before you install loads of wires everywhere get a digital multimeter and set it to resistance (ohms), and put the neg (black) onto the neg on your battery then put the positive to as many different locations on your cars body/engine as you can reach, if you get any reading at all other then 0.000 (no resistance) then the kit will help functionality. If all you get is no resistance or all 0s then it wont do bugger all, just make sure you have a really good neg to body connection and a really good neg to engine connection wire and you will be fine. Clean the connection matting surfaces (where the wires touch the body/engine) and use something like electric conducting grease between the mating surfaces and on the bolts thread for maximum surface contact area as a really big gauge wire is only as good as the connection points you have.

If the kit came with a voltage stabilizer, do NOT put that on it will only screw with your cars electrical bits as a cheap ones do not have the ability to regulate correctly, if your really need them say if your voltage was spiking and dipping that much then a new alternator or a rebuilt one would be needed

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
To be honest, I think they are a waste of $$$. Unless you have a ground loop issue, I wouldn't bother. As for the coilpack failing, the biggest issue with them is heat.