What's new

Dash backlight bulbs

Reaction score
Now before everyone shouts search/useful threads, I have done and cannot find anything particular of use or an actual answer - Nicelys 'jull' site no longer working so can't see that either.

I've jus fitted the spec r dashboard/dash into my 14a and my dash bulbs couldn't light a matchbox!

So what I need to do is get some led replacements. My s14 bulb holders were much bigger.

I've been into maplins and they don't do anything close apart from ones you need to solder up.

Can anyone point me to the size required, even If I get them off eBay etc

Thanks
Alex

Reaction score
Country
Weird, first time for a long time any of them have worked for me!

I don't particularly want to just replace the bulbs for new bulbs as they're all working anyway, just want a brighter finish, and preferably blue?
Second this blue desire. But I've taken my dash out before and unfortunately the actual colour emitted is due to the dash itself being tinted, not the colour of the bulbs which is highly disappointing. Will be following this answer closely.

Reaction score
Country
what you will find is that the primary bulbs will have blackend due to lots of use and arent as bright, happens alot to many nissan cars, some will be clear some will be dark or burnt. i got the dash out of a patrol, and since nissan bulbs are nissan bulbs i switched them over making sure to match the voltage. much cheaper then buying new from nissan

Reaction score
what you will find is that the primary bulbs will have blackend due to lots of use and arent as bright, happens alot to many nissan cars, some will be clear some will be dark or burnt. i got the dash out of a patrol, and since nissan bulbs are nissan bulbs i switched them over making sure to match the voltage. much cheaper then buying new from nissan
Fair point, though surely Nissan arent the only ones using this type of bulb?? There wouldn't be just the one type for one manufacturer!?!?