What's new

S15 Splitfire Coilpacks

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I don't know who the UK distributor is for Splitfire as this is usually the way forwards if you need something asap.

Suggest you give Jez at Horsham Developments a call to see if he carries a set in stock? Problem is S15 parts which are not shared with the S14 usually has a lead time due to obvious reasons :wack:

I waited a few months for my Tein Super Streets :(

Reaction score
Country
what are your symptoms Lloydy?

My problem is that it is down on power, it feels like your towing a caravan behind you (slight exaggeration lol) below 5,000rpm, then as it hits 5k, it pulls noticeably harder - With it throwing a slight misfire sometimes on full boost.

doing the 'paper clip trick' showed it is throwing a code 34 - knock sensor.
I have suspected the coilpacks from the start, but tried to eliminate the cheaper option first.

maybe the spark plugs have had it? replaced with NGK Iridiums
maybe a lack of fuel? - changed the fuel filter
maybe it's the knock sensor itself? - changed the knock sensor

let's see if the Spifire coilpacks cure it

Reaction score
Country
If you don't mind dude can you do the paper clip trick and see if it's throwing a code (similar to mine)
Be interesting to see!

S

Supernova

More reliable then the stock packs which are prone to failure

Don't think they are more reliable than stock as the general consensus seems that stock coilpacks are the best you can get. But I suppose they are more reliable than 10+ year old stock ones and alot cheaper than brand new stock ones!

Reaction score
Ive yet to see a set of Split Fires fail. My stock coils failed when the car was 4 years old and 40K on the speedo.

Reaction score
The heat is the main issue with the stock packs. The coil pack cover doesnt let the heat out so most of the guys I know remove it totally or put on, like I have, a Greddy cover which is well vented.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yep and the proof it's heat that's usually the cause of the problem is you'll tend to find the one nearest the bulkhead is the first coil pack to fail ;)

I'm still in two minds about whether to get stock replacement ~£300:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m20b342s1324p14897/_NISSAN_200SX_2_0_COUPE_TURBO_S14_(SR20DET_06_94TO09_01)_-_SERVICING_PARTS_TUNING_SPARES_and_SERVICE_ACCESSORIES_-_Ignition_Coil_-_Nissan_200SX_2_0i_Coupe_Turbo_S14_SR20DET_06_94_to_09_01_UK/RS_GB

or get Splitfires which will cost ~£290 before import duty + tax (from FRSport).

So in my mind they're about the same cost although the bonus with S14a Splitfires is that you also get a brand new ignition amp.