What's new

Strange starting problem??????

Reaction score
Country
I have been having some issues starting my at the past week :(

The symtoms

Stater is slow to turn sometimes you just get a click and the starter doesn't turn at all! When the starter does turn you get quite a few clicks inside the cockpit from relays etc???

Test's & Inspections so far.........

I have measured the volts drop when starter is turned and it drops to 11.5v which is normal so it's not a power issue. I have also checked all the earths and also the connections from the battery to the starter etc. I have measured the resistance of the battery cable which I found to be fine also. I have also tried a different battery and that didn't help either :(

The only thing left is the starter solinoid and starter motor itself??? Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Mine struggled to start for a few weeks, I thought it was the battery to start with it would click and struggle then click then occasionally start. Long story was the starter motor. Solendoid was popping but wouldn't turn, is it a loud "clack" kind of sound when you turn the key?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Whole starter, second hand one was 35 odd quid from drift bitz. Get someone to sit in the car and keep trying to turn it, get a small hammer and whack the starter. We got mine to turn when I belted it a few times(alot) how we decided it was definitely the unit was stuck! Yeehaa!

Reaction score
Country
Replaced the starter today which has got rid of my problem:) Managed to get a new one from Euro car parts at £175 inc VAT! which i thought was pritty reasonable going by what the rest of the parts cost!

P/N S114-827

Last edited: