What's new

Passenger window problem...AGAIN! Argghh

Reaction score
Country
Okay so today I get home from work and go to put passenger window up and nothing...

Check I havent accidently pressed the lock button but no not that. ;)

Im not sure if it has anything to do with the window going all the way down and under the trim, reason I say that is because I dont normaly take the window all the way down but today I did..mabi its slipped off or jammed somewhere? cant really see...

Removed trim and tried moving the window a bit trying to force it up etc while pressing switch but nothing.

With ignition on I get a click from the motor when the switch is pressed so not a dodgy switch?

I dont know if the motor could have gone kaput as it was really hot at first when i first checked it over? Tried moving wires around to see if it was a dodgy connection but nothing...

However with car running and i press the switch i get a different sound, it sounds like the little motor turning or something..like a tiny whine...but no window movement? yet with car off and just ignition i only get a click?

How can I find out what the problem is, is it best to test wires going to motor with multimeter check for +12v when switch is pressed?

Not sure what else you can do as you cant really get to anything behind the door body or look properly to see if the window has moved or dropped...doesnt look like it though.

Any ideas guys?

Reaction score
Country
Also does anyone know if S15's have the litle black box (amplifier is it) for the windows like S14's or do they do something different? As this is a common problem on 14's

Also as I can hear a clicking noise when I press the switch, this must be a relay of somekind so thats why im thinking either motor or some connection?

Dont get why the sound is different when car is running though?