What's new

Ignition wiring....

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
OKies, you may have read about my small non starting issue but after alot of testing today the car is finally back up and running, altho, be it slightly bodged :rotfl::rotfl:.

The non start appears to be down to the ECM relay wiring. For those that down know, thats the relay that sit behing the ECU. Anyways, the relay itself works fine, however, for some reason, when the igntion is switched on the relay wont engage to complete the required circuits. A temp fix involving some looped wired has done the trick for now but obviously i need to find out why the relay isnt getting power...

Wiring diagram time...

What I need to know is, what and where is the car are the bits in the red box in the above pic? What ever that is, including the the wiring from the fuse box back through the loom is likeley to be the cause. Specifically the W/B (White / Black) one.

So, before I go on a loom removal journey, anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

J.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
At a guess, F4 is the engine control harness, so I would say it is either near the ECU or the fuse box at the drivers feet. As for E101 (Engine room harness) I would say that is near the main fuse box.