What's new

Battery Relocation Kits now ready to order :)

Reaction score
Country
As promised here are some pics of the battery tray i had made up. It is made from polished stainless steel, it has been laser cut and the welded together. the welds have all been smoothed and then polished to create a really high quality product. For now i have had nissan laser cut out of the tray, however this is just a prototype so after i receive some feedback from people that can always change. I have made it to fit the stock S15/14 battery so it allows you to maintain the use of a larger battery when fitting the intercoolers. This also means more weights will be sent back over the rear wheels :) which can only be a good thing! Over the coming days i will be perfecting the kit sorting out lengths, paths and holes to drill etc so i can make this a ready to fit kit with pre cut and pre terminated lengths of cable.

Price will depend on numbers so until i get an idea on how many people want these depends on how much i can do them for. The more i pay to have made the cheaper the kits will be. Assuming i sell at least 10 the price will be around the £120 area due to the cost of the tray. Views and opinions are welcome :) Pics of the kit are below.

The kit will include;

Stainless Steel Laser cut mirror finish battery tray
Pre cut and pre terminated 375AMP Cable
Set of battery connectors
Junction box
Conduit to protect cable
Cable fixing ties
Fitting Instructions

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The junction box is a fused one :) bit ott if you ask me however I have tried to cover every possible bad outcome :) effectively all I am doing is extending the cable from which you normally conect your battery to.

Im looking at making a cheaper tray however the cable, connectors and junction box come to £55 for me to buy! As it is 50mm2 and cable prices have gone through the roof! I am looking at making a alliminium version which will be cheaper. But even if I half the cost of the battery tray the kit will still be around £100 due to te cost of the cable etc :( it is still a prototype really, once I have sorted out lengths of cable required I will be able to set a more acceptable price. ATM I have said £120 as that is the very maximin the kit will cost assuming I use the full 5m of cable. I would hope I will only need 3m which will nearly half the cost of the cable bringing the kit down to £100 :) but until I fit it all in and get the exact lengths I can't put a definitive price on them. I will also offer the kits without the tray for those who want to use eBay etc.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
First of all high five for stirring up the sxoc! Makes a good read! I need one of these as you know, definitely interested after youve done a bit of fettling.

Are there holes in the area your aiming to mount it in already?

Reaction score
Country
The aim is to fit it in the hatch space so you still get your main boot space. There are two holes here already however two more will need to be drilled. Over the next coming days I will fit the kit and perfect the cable lengths and post up the pics.

As for the SXOC bunch I think there are a few people who don't have much of an idea to the physics of electronics lol. But a couple of people have backed up my theory who have done this fit before :) I'm 100% that this kit will be faultless when it is fitted, otherwise I wouldn't be offering them to people. I have gone OTT on all the Components of the kit to make sure there safe and easy to fit :)

Reaction score
Country
Nothing against you're knowledge, but once you've got it fitted with no issues at all, then i'l be interested :p
Its something i've been looking at for ages, but i'm too idle to work it all out myself. haha

edit - i'd be mounting mine in the rear quarter panel on the right, behind the fabric as i believe there is sufficient space there, and as we all know the boot get cold in winter. Any idea how much them battery covers cost? BMWs have them as standard and as mine is a mega daily drive, it needs to start every time without issues haha.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
how do i order one, can i order a one without the battery tray but with everything else., cheers

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've done my own relocation for my track S14a. This kit is pretty much the same as mine.

Everything looks well insulated and tidy :thumbs:

Jase - stop being a girl and buy it!! :p

Edit: For £120 which includes a regular sized battery giving you more than enough juice it's a bargain chaps!!!

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You decided against fitting it above the fuel tank then..?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it was to close for comfort tbh. When I got a flexi mirror through the hole above the fuel pump the gap was very small so in the end I went for the passenger side to try and even out some weight :) there is also a grommet on the right hand side which allowed a nice neat finish :) I routed the cable along side the fuel lines going over the top of the rear chassis. Because I have used the conduit as well it looks like it was made that way :) plenty of clearance so It won't be getting any squashed cables either :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Like I said then!? ;) I think it's best there. Or if theres a battery shallow enough, in the wheel well as when you have proper brakes the spare won't clear the brakes anyway.

How have you secured the tray down and the battery in the tray?

Reaction score
Country
I have a tie bar that fits over the top of the battery running left to right. I have then fixed the tray down with 6 self tappers so it's not going anywhere :) I have also tied all the cables into place (neatly of coarse :) ) to neaten the whole thing up. Looks like a top job if I do say so myself :) you can buy the shallow battery's however Its just more money all the time :(

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
any news on these dude, im really in need of one, like the look of these but looks like im going to have to build my own kit.