What's new

What alarm has everyone got?

Reaction score
Country
Jurgen at JM-Imports said they could provide a Cobra with their cars but they seem a bit generic.

What has everyone else got?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Cobra are good alarms. Aslong as Cat 1 and has dual immobiliser cuts for ignition and fuel pump.

I fit and use Sigma alarms, cat 1 and they are pretty good. Not had any issues with them. I prefer the basic systems, press one button to open and lock the car and no fancy remote start etc.

I personally HATE Clifford's! Soooo annoying!!!

Reaction score
Country
I thought Clifford had a good name to them?

I like the idea of the pager systems with remote start. I love fancy gadgets!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Clifford's are good alarms but fiddley and over sensitive. But the programable functions are good, but you pay the price.

I personally hate them because as a mechanic you have to leave the ignition on when working on them oor put them into valet mode (if it has that feature), they constantly lock themselves or set off without any real reason. And the alarm noise is horrendous! :) so my view of them is from a working on point of view.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
i Have a clifford in mine, was in it when i bought it. But as mentioned its very very sensitive, a loud exhaust, or even a lorry driving right next to it in a sheltered area will set off its warning alarm

Reaction score
Country
i got the easycar installed. not so sure about the alarm (did not test it). Went for it more for the features. such as:

1. keyless entry - when u walk close to about 1.5m from the car, it unlocks automatically. when u leave the car by a certain distance, it locks in about 15seconds.
2. push button start(need to have the key in the ignition which is then covered by the push start button)
3. there is also a "screen knock". u can set a pass code, say 1111. there is a circular decal on the windscreen, and u knock the windscreen when 1 lights up. on hitting the code, the door unlocks.
4. it has a built in turbo timer. can be set to 30sec or 2 min cooldown.
5. Remote start!

cost me about 360 quid. installed in my home country singapore. not sure if there is a distributor in the uk.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Got a Toad Ai606 fitted. Had one fitted to a Glanza V I owned a few years back too. No faults at all, recommended.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
i have cobra in it works fine, i would say avoid clifford, i had one on an old car and had nothing but trouble with it, 90% of the time when you hear a car alarm going off in a car park, its a bloody clifford and for no reason.

Reaction score
Country
I have an autopage alarm, its pretty good! Immobiliser, anti hi jack function.. The fob is meant to beep and vibrate, basically alert you if the car is being messed with! Remote start, can be used as a turbo timer if I had a turbo, opens the boot.. It seems pretty complicated so I just dont mess with it, locks and unlock the doors!, Immobilise

Reaction score
Country
Mine came with Clifford G5 too...Good bit, the problem is I have only 1 remote and I'm afraid it will loose its memory when I'll have to change the batteries in it? :wack:

Reaction score
That easycar one sounds awesome!

I've just got a Viper one with remote pager and proximity sensor, it does the job and it's cat1 :)

Reaction score
Country
i had a clifford initially and that died on me.

I've had my current Cobra for a good year or so now, and its been sweet :) Cat 1 obviously, with mercury tilt switch on the bonnet :p

Reaction score
Country
Ryan, I've been looking at Viper systems actually, I like the look of them.

Jase, has it got remote start or pager functions?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah got a Toad Ai606 with immobiliser. Easy to use. Sky Insurane insisted that I get this one as I did a personal import.

Reaction score
Country
The cheapest most reliable that I have had for 7 years is the hidden fuel pump kill switch
i like that one a lot!

Jase, has it got remote start or pager functions?
optional extras :) and by pager, do you mean a quick flash of the lights to say where your car is hiding in the dark? yes. also remote alarm trigger, in case someone is trying to rob you or something :s

but yeah, remote start and comfort closure are available as addons for like £30 or something. simple to wire in apparently!