LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
*SALE WITHDRAWN*

Hi all,

It's with a very, very heavy heart that I'm one of those now writing up a genuine FOR SALE thread on my beloved S15 Spec-R :(

She was purchased from Torque GT back in May 2007 and I've been the owner since her initial registration in the UK. The car itself is a Year 2000 model from Japan - imported by Mike/Tristan (Torque GT) :)

Tax will be renewed for another 6 months at the end of October so will take it to end of April 2011. MOT is valid until May 2011.

Everyone who knows me and the car will know most of the serious tuning began around 18 months ago. I service her religiously around every 4k miles using Silkolene Pro-S 10W50 since doing all the servicing myself. In the first 18 months of ownership she was looked after by Chris Wilson who is a top mechanic mainly working on Supras and Skylines. He's well known on those forums for his expertise tuning/servicing Jap turbo cars etc :thumbs: The service booked has been stamped by Chris Wilson's garage and by myself since I started doing all the work myself.

Mileage is currently: 104k miles

Because she's been a daily car I've been on top of everything... and I really do mean everything. Again anyone who knows me and the car will understand she's done track/drift days but because I need her in tip-top condition 100% of the time, she is maintained and modified in this way! There are some cracks from the passenger side front arch where it meets the headlamp and also some cracks on both sideskirts. Light scuffs on the driver's door. All bodywork has been done by Innovation Bodyworx since I've had the car... they always do a fantastic job with the visual mods :cool:

Here's the fun part... the mods:

Year 2000 Model (BB Turbo)

A'PEXi Induction Filter
A'PEXi Power FC (L-Jetro & hand controller)
Apex Performance Type 2 FMIC
HKS SSQV (without recirc)
HKS Turbo Timer
HKS Silent Hi-Power (middle box removed)
Japspeed Turbo Elbow
Japspeed Downpipe
Japspeed Decat Pipe
Japspeed 50mm Alloy Rad
Japspeed 12" Electric Fans x2
Nismo Oil Filler Cap
Nismo Rad Cap
Gizzmo MS-IBC Boost Controller (max 1.2 bar)
Apex Performance Braided Turbo Coolant Hoses
Apex Performance Braided Turbo Oil Hose
Driftworks Thermostatic Oil Cooler
Blue Silicone Vacuum Hoses
Blue Lightweight Anodised Pulleys
Replica Garage Defend CF Slam Panel
EP Racing CF Spark Plug Cover
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Exedy Hyper Twin Plate Clutch & Flywheel

Defi Link Control Unit II
Defi Link Display Unit (oil temp/pressure & water temp)
Defi BF 60mm Boost Gauge

Tein Super Street Coilovers (with pillowball top-mounts)
Driftworks Tension Rods
Subframe Alloy Locking Collars

17x8 +29 & 17x9 +37 SSR Professor (custom cherry centres)
215/40 & 245/40 R17 Avon ZZ3
25mm Hubcentric Spacers (front)

K-Sport 330mm 8 Pot Front Brake Kit
K-Sport Brake Pads (front)
Ferodo DB2500 Brake Pads (rear)

Nismo GT Shift Knob
Driftworks Handbrake Button
Handbrake Handle Grip
CF Wrap Centre Console
CF Wrap Door Handle Cards
CF Wrap Switch Panel
HKB Steering Wheel Boss
C-One Buckskin 50mm Offset Steering Wheel
Ignition Kill Switch
Fire Extinguisher

Works9 Front Bumper (custom quick release brackets/bolts)
Front GT Splitter (custom with adjustable tie rods)
Front Wide Fenders (+20mm)
Rear Wide Fenders (+50mm)
Driftworks CF 3D Rear Wing (custom ali struts & CF end plates)
Driftworks Racing Tow Hooks
RE-Amemiya Pro Replica Rear Diffuser (custom fitted)
SPA GT Race Mirrors (fitted with custom CF wrap base plates)
6000K HID Kit
Nismo Indicators (smoked)
Yashio Factory LED Rear Light Units (smoked)

The K-Sport 330mm brake kit upgrade is the most recent mod and boy was it a good decision. She can now stop like anything and that's with K-Sport pads which come with the kit. If you were to upgrade to Ferodo DS2500's she'll stop... FULL STOP!!! :D

Here's my build thread on this forum: http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?1858-LuPix-s-Track-amp-Drift-Project

Remap work was done by Steve @ FC Tuning... the man knows his stuff and has mapped a number of other S15's on this forum. He really does get the best out of the SR engine (and safe as well)!! She now runs at 292 bhp with bags of torque 327 ft lbs... comes in nice and early with stock turbo... you really have to sit in the car and feel the smoothness to appreciate how well she's running. I've inspected the turbo shaft myself twice within the last 12 months - still strong and evident when you drive her. Here's the thread about my remap: http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?6655-Silvia-remapped-by-Steve-FC-Tuning...-POW!!!

Believe me I really don't want to sell and if I had any other choice I'd avoid it but family comes first and it's time to just move on and put my life into perspective (a little lol)...

I know the next owner will get immense pleasure from this car... she's never let me down suddenly apart from a failed battery which I promptly fixed the next day! The gearbox is slightly noisy but it's been like this for well over a year :wack:

Any questions feel free to ask!!

*SALE WITHDRAWN*

Cheers,

James

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Pics...

As already mentioned she's been remapped by Steve @ FC Tuning (who's highly recommended on this forum having remapped quite a few other guys on here)...

292 bhp
327 ft lbs

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I know guys I did really want to keep her forever as I'm not the type to get bored or let something go when I'm hooked!!!

But... family has to come first and I've simply been devoted to my car... it's fankly not on anymore :( It still hurts but with kids so young I cannot live to regret not spending more time with them (and the missus) <- hey hey she'll love being bracketed :p I'm nearly crying as I write this ad and drown my sorrows with a few bottles of Magners... *DON'T BE SOFT* I hear you say lol but that's it... she's gotta go or the time/cost will just keep mounting up until breaking point grrrr!!!

Si - I'm still driving her daily... these Bride Digo's are sexy, snug and keep me happy on school runs so sorry, not for sale lol :p :D

Thanks for the support fellas :thumbs:

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
OMFG, I actually cant believe I am reading this

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'm really sorry to read this mate but i totally understand where you are coming from apart from i don't have kids..... i hope you stick around the club though mate, it would be sad to see you go :(

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It surprises me when Dean lists his for sale (well, I suppose we're getting used to it now!) but this is so out of the blue. I understand how much trouble you get in though James, and family should come first I agree. Still sad though and I guess you won't want them ball joints now!? :p

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i know how he feels though craig, the twice its happened to me i've thought long about it and it seemed like the right thing to do - once you start thinking about it its very hard to convince yourself otherwise......i now know that whatever i get i will play around with, so it may as well be something as good as the s15.....

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks fellas :thumbs:

Dean - like yourself (apart from the kids aspect lol) I'm also finding I just cannot stop modding and spending on her... I love her like my 3rd child haha :wack: I am a family man and do all the things a dad does for his kids and wife but... I'm also incredibly busy on these forums, learning and helping where I can, I attend so many track/drift/shows every year... fully immersed in the scene and on top of that I'm constantly servicing, tidying and modding the Silvia. And... on top of that I do photography... and... I have a normal fulltime job!!!!!!! :nod:

It's just all come to a head and I cannot resist devoting all my spare time to S15 care and ownership so something had to give and TBH the car as much as I love her is the only thing I can let go now and not live to regret my decision. I have to convince myself when my kids are older and I have more pennies saved in the bank I'll start again with another S15 or... find something to replace... but I think another S15 will save me lots of new learning which is always painful lol :no:

Craig - along with so many others who have become such good mates I'm really hurting cos I get so much enjoyment working on the car with you and everyone else who's helped me! I won't disappear and I will mod the next car (possibly a dirty Beemer E36 328i) but it will have to be down the list as I spend more time with family and save more cash :ghey:

We'll chat more over the next few days and no way am I backing out of the ball joint purchase... already got a mate in hometown who wants to buy S15 possibly next week (eek!!) :thumbs:

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The thought of selling has crossed my mind on several occasions too, most recent being today, but I just couldn't do it. Would hate to see someone else driving my car but the amount of time and money I'm spending is just silly. My gf knows it too but somehow she puts up with it - not sure how much longer it will last though. Sooner or later something will have to change. Even as I type this, I'm on FRSport website with an order over $1200 that I'm that close to buying. The worst bit is - none of it is 'needed' at all.

Is there ever a stage where it stops!? I hope so. :(

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol and silly me was telling all the recent sellers like andeep and Tooley 'noooooo... don't do it!!' doh :wack: :wack:

But it's hit me like a brick wall really... I was all for ordering more parts and getting plans together... let down Wayne as I said I wanted to buy his side skirts but suddenly this week I really started to think it's getting too much. I see the kids less and less and spend more time worrying about money, the next mod, doing everything I can to keep the car but then tempted to spend more!!!

haha this is not a good advert to sell my car but no matter I'm sure someone will appreciate honesty in my ownership and there'll be plenty of people more disciplined than I am for sure!! :thumbs:

Craig if you sell then I share your pain.............. :cry:

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
lol the both of you will be having nights in with some beer crying over pics on the laptop if you both sell up :wack: kidding guys I know what yous mean and James your right mate family first hope all goes well etc :) I have persoanly though about selling up but now its do I want to go the full way on the car or do enough and get it back on the road, as we say life is to short so enjoy everything while you can mate :) when you sell the s15 wee holiday to florida for the kids should be on the cards :thumbs: and yourself :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol cheers Allan... I would have been happy just going to Bognor Regis every year and still mod the hell outta the S15 but I guess the missus prefers somewhere like 5* hotel in Cyprus or a trip to Asia every year haha :rolleyes: :rotfl:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
WTF!!!!

Why don't you go to Car Modders Anonymous and just drive it?

All together now.....

My name is ........ and I am a car modder.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
oh mate, did not think I would be reading this thread! I understand your pain though as my first is due in under 5 weeks.:eek: So im going to have no time or money for the car. Selling the car has crossed my mind many a time over the last 9 months (but the wife wont let me lol:D) I have even been thinking of storing it for a year to two or more to save some money but I enjoy driving it too much and don't see the benefit of owning it without using it.

I will mod the next car
James this worries me, you've spent so much time/money modding the S15 and from what I've seen you have not cut corners on price or quality. So how are you going to control to spending on the next car? You know it going to be a case of "if I just add this... oh and that... oh there's a group buy on those..." or "If just get that it will go faster..." or "If i change that I could get more angle..." Are you not setting yourself up for the same thing all over again? and may be on a car that's worth less?

Away I wish you all the best with your sale and future projects. I will miss the random "look what I fitted this weekend :D" threads and how to threads. Any your right family always comes first.:thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Meddler if only they gave us people proper help... damn government grrr!!! :D

Suspect - totally understand what you mean as yes I say I'll mod the next car but it's all about the platform and type of car I'm buying. Funnily enough I've already called and spoken to Mike this morning at Torque GT as I've seen a tasty pretty standard Accord Type R I'm interested in buying. It's getting out of the whole sexy Jap turbo RWD scene that will enable me to save money and not devote all my time on her.

Yes I'll be tinkering and doing more styling mods than anything else - plus an exhaust... there has to be a louder zorst haha!! :p

But... it's incredible the amount of money I spend not only on bolt on mods but the shows/track/drift/Nurburgring all this will not interest me once I get a more standard FWD car!! That's the theory... and TBH this morning is the first weekend morning in ages where I've woken up feeling a weight has been lifted. I'm selling her, my mind's made up and on with life. No more thinking and getting myself lost in my bubble of what I need to do next, the next mod, the next drift day, the next track session, the next meet....... it truly has been like a second job.. one massive project :wack:

This looks like the most likely replacement... VTEC y0 haha :ghey: :wave:

http://www.torque-gt.co.uk/index.php?act=productDetail&productId=191

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hahaha can't go wrong with a vtec dude! But honestly I am telling you as a mate you can easily spend as much if not more on the type r dude,I have an fn2 and started modding that and it costs sooo much to buy tuning parts for it,in the end I gave up sold all my mods and bought the s15.
As long as you can definitely say you will be able to leave it at visual mods then fair enough, but trust me its so tempting to go crazy on the Vtec I did over 5k on mine in the first 3 months of ownership lol
Love the k24 engine sounds amazing with a zort and induction! Good luck with whatever you decide to do ,ony you know what's right for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.