Liked

Wanted S15 Autech Type R

Hi Guys,

I'm on the hunt for a S15 - It's got to be the Autech Type R though .. Prefer white but if the right pewter or red comes along then that's cool.

I went to have a look at this one a couple months ago which was for sale.

It was perfect in every way, apart from the rear arches. This stopped me from buying it there and then !!

They'd been rolled out too far for my likes .... Guess that's what some people want but not for me ...

From seeing that car I've want one the exact same ever since so fingers crossed I'll find one

Thanks Adam

Liked
    I could be wrong but aren't Autech S15's the spec S the non turbo, I have never heard of a Autech type R S15. here are the 3 Autech versions #BlogPost - the Three Autech Versions of the S15 Silvia
    Chief Wiggum: "This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless."

Liked
    Autech did come as a spec R also i believe

Liked
    as I said I could be wrong never ever seen a spec r autech only the spec S
    Chief Wiggum: "This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless."

Liked
    As far as i am Aware Sniffy is right and Autech only did the tune up's on the non turbo variants.

The only difference that I can think of is Australia where I believe they received spec-s or spec-r as a trim level (with the same engine SR20DET with lower HP compared to the JDM version)
    Japanese spec-s vs spec-r (different engine SR20De vs SR20DET) > Autech would be a 200hp tuned version of the spec-s with a 6-speed (it would be possible that these units have had an spec-r aero package installed since i believe this was just a factory option)

Finding an Autech with original supplied aero package would be a hard one I reckon.

as a bonus: the only Autech option available to the spec-r was a bodykit and interior called the style-A modeled after a Ferrari 456

Here you can also see the numbers produced and with what color and options. GTR-Registry.com - Nissan Silvia +200SX S15 VIN Table