What's new

FS: 1999 Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero 2.0 Turbo (Rare Leather Interior Version)

wutang200

Reaction score
With great regret, I think the time has come to sell my much MUCH loved S15 Spec R that I’ve owned for the last 7 years. I just don’t use it anymore and have hardly put any miles on it recently. Wife hates it as it’s too uncomfortable and I’m forever charging the battery just to go for a quick blast maybe once a month.

My plan was to keep it for another few years as the value seems to be going up on these and then to swap the turbo out for something more powerful but due to getting a job quite far out, I desperately need a comfy but fast German daily driver to replace the very tired Mondeo.

Everything works as it should on the car from the JDM folding mirrors to the windscreen washers. All the right modifications have already been done to easily support a bigger turbo of your choice. It drives absolutely perfectly and handles very well. Engine has never missed a beat and pulls very very well (a true testament to its legendary status).

I’m after £8500 which I think is a very fair price for what you’re getting. I’m in no rush to sell it though so no silly offers please. Best way to contact me is to call me on 07855 605006 (just drop me a text or leave a message if I don’t answer). NO TEST PILOTS PLEASE

So here it goes:

1999 Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero 2.0 Turbo (original SR20DET blacktop) with ball bearing turbo (no smoking at all)
6 Speed Manual Gearbox
I’m the second UK owner (bought it from a SXOC member in Jan 2009!)
All history kept including import documents and owner’s manual
Serviced every 6000 miles with spark plugs changed too
My own fully updated service & modifications spreadsheet to further back up the history
119500 Miles (converted to MPH and speed de-limited)
Helical LSD as Standard

Engine
Horsham Developments Custom Remap (remapped to approx. 315bhp 320 lb/ft torque at 1.2bar on super unleaded fuel)
Apex Performance Front Mounted Intercooler (FMIC)
Splitfire Coilpacks
Nismo 740cc Injectors
HKS Adjustable Actuator
NGK BCPR7ES Plugs
Nissan 300ZX (Z32) AFM
Walbro Fuel Pump
HKS SSQV BOV

Intake & Exhaust
Apexi Air Intake Kit
Apex Performance 3” Downpipe
Apex Performance 3” Decat Pipe
RSR JASMA Certified Cat Back Exhaust System (3” bore)

Interior & Electronics
Very Rare Original Leather Seats (inc matching leather door cards)
Blitz SBC i-Color Electronic Boost Controller (set to 1.1bar)
Racelogic Traction Control with Launch Control (including Digital Adjuster)
Alpine MP3 CD Stereo (with USB port & 30 pin iPod connection)
Vibe Active 10" Subwoofer

Lighting
HID 6000K Light Conversion
LED Sidelights
LED Number Plate Lights

Suspension
KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks on standard S15 springs
Apex Performance Front Strut Brace
Whiteline Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars
Whiteline Subframe Locking Bushes (pineapples)
Whiteline Tie Rods

Braking & Transmission
Mitsubishi EVO IX Brembo Front Brake Conversion (330mm discs)
EBC Red Stuff Pads Front & Rear
Braided Brake Lines
Exedy Organic Clutch Kit
Braided Clutch Line

Exterior & Wheels
Very clean for the age and recently undergone a professional machine polish (receipt to prove)
Fully Undersealed
OEM Ducktail Bootlid Spoiler
De-Badged Rear (looks super clean and anonymous now)
Small Number Plate on Front Bumper
Rota Torque Wheels (bronze) 8J Front & 9J Rear
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetricals Front
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3’s On Rear

Security
Toad Security Sterling One Cat 1 Alarm System (came on the car already)

Niggles (in my opinion)
The centre console has a few marks so could do with sanding down and re-spraying in the same silver colour to match the rest of the interior (or black).
The front bumper didn’t come with the aero front lip and I’ve not had a chance to find and fit one.
Tyres will need changing after a few months.
Wheels could do with a refurb.
Bit of surface rust build up on the inside of the bonnet.
Few stone chips on bonnet (surprisingly very little for the mileage)
Moisture inside one of the headlights that I don’t know how to get rid of (not brave enough to throw it in the oven)
Very small rip on drivers side leather seat bolster (wear and tear)

Pictures

Last edited:
Reaction score
That seems like a lot of car for the money, a lot of desirable bits already fitted, I can't see you having too much trouble selling this. It's pretty much ready for a gt2871r and 370bhp.

Reaction score
On a side note, do you know what sideskirts they are, i might be blind but i can't see it listed in the advert.

You've got the metal pedal covers and the chrome trim around the vents and gauges as well, not everyday you see those.

wutang200

Reaction score
Yep A LOT of car for the money! Another £1000 (bigger turbo & remap) and you'll be close to 370bhp easily. I've spent a small fortune on it since ownership and no expense has been spared on it I love it that much.

The skirts are the original aero ones or at least that's what the previous owner sold it to me as when I bought the car.

wutang200

Reaction score
I'm not sure, the car came with it already fitted. I was gonna go spoiler-less but it's grown on me after a while so kept it :)

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Nerd alert. It's not a Nismo part at all, despite being commonly called that.

It was called a 'deck lid finisher' in the Silvia accessories catalogue and was a standard Nissan option for non-aero kitted cars.

Reaction score
The 'deck lid fiinsher' you refer to is in fact a very rare part that goes between the two rear lights across the boot and is metallic black with 'silvia' written on it. The spoiler as you rightly say is not a nismo item but described as 'Body color rear lip spoiler for all cars except those with Aero Package. Shown here in Pearl White.' in the options list.

Enough with the de-railment.

Good luck on your sale.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Cheers Tomk always keen to expand my Silvia knowledge. Free bump to a lovely car

wutang200

Reaction score
I'm based in Preston mate so about 3 hours away from Scotland. PM sent.

All PM's replied.

Last edited:

wutang200

Reaction score
Still for sale. If I get the asking price, I'll throw in a whole bunch of goodies including a brand new stainless manifold, Nismo S Tune springs, Sard R2D2 BOV & a few smaller bits that I have lying around.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Last edited: