What's new

FS: 1999 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R Aero £4500

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well as far as we could tell your car was mint just painted horribly! Maybe you painted it because it was rusty and you made a quick buck!
So he bought it for 4.5, spent 2k and is selling for 6.5?? Yeah ok! No!! as others have said its a quick blow over to hide the rusty arches and sills and selling for 1k profit! It's HIDING the fact it's rusty he has not fixed it. I hate money grabbing profiteers, making a quick quid at the expense of the poor unexpecting car enthusiast! Its bull**** and dirty!

The guy in the new advert hasn't mentioned anything about paint, only mopping it! There's no way the rust was mopped out unless I'm crazy!

The New seller is a dodgy prick and I will be calling him to ask him about it and then telling him that I know the car and how I feel! Defo the same car skid solo?

So yeah those are my thoughts!

Reaction score
There's no way he chucked £2000 at that car .

He's probably done a ****e job.

I was purely saying that I would of chucked £2000 at it and made it worth more money !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
If the guys in the trade and did the work himself it is possible to do the work for not a silly amount of money. I'd want picture evidence of any work done though.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
There's no way he chucked £2000 at that car .

He's probably done a ****e job.

I was purely saying that I would of chucked £2000 at it and made it worth more money !

I was tempted to buy this , paint it and sell it ! Easy cash

Not what you said or implied earlier!

Yeah chris this car was unbelievably rusty for a 15! Needed a full strip and weld! Not even someone in the trade would spend enough time to sort it properly to only sell it for 2.5k more.
plus the engine bay still looks rusty as hell.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
I'm glad topics like this do excists, glad real car enthusiasts give attention to liars like them.
Goin to buy my 2nd S15 within a coupe of months if plans goes as it should, and would consider a ****ty car like this (because mine would be given an widebody so it's going to be build from scratch), but seriously not for the money there asking!

Reaction score
Country
I had a mate cut out both sills including the inner sill, reconstruct them and make them good, sort all the rot on the front strut towers and wheel arches, wire wheel the underside and underseal everything for less than 1k.

For this one a new door and cutting out the rear arches then rebuilding them could be done for 1k with decent mates rates and a cheap blow over.

I hope that you guys are taking note of how rusty this one is/was and making sure your own ones are getting protected before they go the same way.

Reaction score
Country
I'm glad topics like this do excists, glad real car enthusiasts give attention to liars like them.
Goin to buy my 2nd S15 within a coupe of months if plans goes as it should, and would consider a ****ty car like this (because mine would be given an widebody so it's going to be build from scratch), but seriously not for the money there asking!
I was hoping someone like you was going to be the buyer as it would have been interesting to see an enthusiast carry out the work needed to give it a 2nd life. The way these sales are going it is going to end up as an expensive dog! It is now for sale for 2k more than I bought it for in 2011!!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Mine is starting to go where this one has! It's coming off the road soon to strip it completely! and I have buckets of rust converters! And under seal!

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
As i said before Skid Solo, i would buy an S15 in this condition....no prob.
But as i saw in earlier messages it's now for sale at a price of 8500 pounds? Which imho is a bit too much. Would consider buying this at a price a shell would go for....

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Holy thread bump batman.

I have this car in for breaking.

This car is the absolute worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Ropey would be complementing it .

The boot is thick with filler, side to side, wings are BONDED to the sills and there is so much under seal it’s Nearly lowest part on the car.

It has some really nice items & parts are well kept, Engine smooth and removable panels are great but the underside is terrifying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Holy thread bump batman.

I have this car in for breaking.

This car is the absolute worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Ropey would be complementing it .

The boot is thick with filler, side to side, wings are BONDED to the sills and there is so much under seal it’s Nearly lowest part on the car.

It has some really nice items & parts are well kept, Engine smooth and removable panels are great but the underside is terrifying.
You got any photos of the delicious rustiness? Any previous photos of it are gone now.

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
You got any photos of the delicious rustiness? Any previous photos of it are gone now.
When the car is fully stripped down I will.

All of it was pretty controllable I would say, seriously bad repair work is what’s let it get this way.

Few weeks il get pictures up.

Reaction score
Country
When the car is fully stripped down I will.

All of it was pretty controllable I would say, seriously bad repair work is what’s let it get this way.

Few weeks il get pictures up.
Ah cool ok!

Yeah generally rust is controllable but as you said, bad repairs just accelerate it. Mine had some patches of rust and guess what, they’d been made worse by a bad repair. I had them cut out and new pieces welded in properly - good as new now bar some weld lines underneath the car. Yeah it’s not “original” but at least it’s not a bucket.

Some people have no morals.