What's new

FS: Nissan Skyline R34 GTT Tiptronic 1998

Reaction score
Country
Evo's are not that bad to run I had a Evo 9 GT.very sought after car and was a hoot to drive with a LSD rear diff and 410bhp and 420ftlb on the road it was pretty much untouchable unless a proper super car with someone who knows how to drive it and has balls that's the only time you would be beaten!

mine did 330+ miles to a tank of vpower on the motorway with a fair bit of fun,did 180mph as it had the RS box with the long 5th gear plus it's the stronger box over the 6 speed.

an 8 Fq can be had for 11k for a 30-40k car which is very clean.get a 05 no newer or it will be £500 a year tax like mine was.

servicing ain't expensive a full service and cambelt change is £499 and that's every 45k so the services range from £170 to £300. Parts ain't badly priced either.

if I had a few extra grand I would buy another as the s15 is one of the best cars I've owned but an EVO drives better.

Reaction score
Country
Also a Fq is only a Gsr which has been given a few breathing mods and a map. It has a slightly bigger hot side on the turbo and slightly better cams which is why a Gsr makes 360-370 stage 1 and the fq's make 390-400.

the evo 9's have mivec which will do 420 and 440+ ftlb of torque.

plus some body mods.

The proper evo's to own are the 9 gt,5/6/7/8/9 RS's as they get away with no ayc so less electronic bits to aid you much more raw experience.

also the 4g63 with a change of rods and bolts with a turbo kit and injectors will do 550hp the stock pistons will do 570 so £1200 rod job slap on a turbo technics s205 turbo and some big injectors and you have one very very fast EVO!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
And for a different opinion!

I had a 8 mr fq-340. Worst thing I've ever owned. Built quality was terrible, it simply would not stop going wrong between the 6 month servicing... I had it for a little over 8 months and I reckon I took 5 grand off me, insurance, tyres, a clutch, ayc bleeding etc etc.

Would never own a Mitsibushi again regardless of model. The Ralliart dealer(Western Super-mare) had the worst customer service I have ever experienced, it's making me angry thinking about it!

But **** me it was fast.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I just don't get the Evo thing! It's a bland square boring 4 door. Its got no soul, and as mike says the build quailty is poor. The only half decent looking one is an Evo 6.

But I never got the Ford thing either, the cossie craze passed me by.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
It was my dream to own one, They always say don't meet your idols!

The momo wheel was an race car wheel which has thin plastic case on the back to make it look like a normal wheel. Both the inside of the rear doors had 3-4 clear coat dribbles in the paint, it had plenty of rust, twinned with 22mpg motorway cruising the novelty wore off!

IMO if you spend 37 grand it should be better than it was. I only paid 14 but it wasn't what I expected and I got shiny car syndrome.

That being said I don't regret any of it! Loved driving it!

Reaction score
Country
Oh my so many different opinions about the Evo.

Well I've picked my new car guys and should be picking her up next weekend. I won't say what it is :rotfl:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Oh my so many different opinions about the Evo.

Well I've picked my new car guys and should be picking her up next weekend. I won't say what it is :rotfl:
Haha! I wish you the best of luck! And perhaps winning the lottery next weekend! You might need the cash!

Reaction score
Country
Standard cars are very juicy..mapped there so much better..

will agree they ain't built great but neither is my s15 its jap they drive well and that's what there good at...

Mine didnt go wrong so much,I put another turbo on mine as I blew one up..that's a problem with the 9 GT turbo the compressor wheels are magnesium and they spool up by 3,000 rpm but I had mild anti lag for pops and bangs and 1 yeah of my lead foot it went pop..so I stuck an updated 80 series off the evo 9 Fq cars its bigger spools the sake and makes more power and they are strong as hell.apart from that it never went wrong once and I drove it hard all the time!

be careful with the 7 engine the rods are known to break.search it if you don't believe me..360 is the max you should go...

the 7/8/9 looks the best IMO.followed by 5/6.

they are very fast when stage 1,nice to drive..I never dealt with Mitsubishi so can't comment on there ****e customer service..this too was my hero/dream car and I would 1000% own another..

i guess any car there's good and bad.shame it gave you so much trouble :(

Reaction score
Country
Standard cars are very juicy..mapped there so much better..

will agree they ain't built great but neither is my s15 its jap they drive well and that's what there good at...

Mine didnt go wrong so much,I put another turbo on mine as I blew one up..that's a problem with the 9 GT turbo the compressor wheels are magnesium and they spool up by 3,000 rpm but I had mild anti lag for pops and bangs and 1 yeah of my lead foot it went pop..so I stuck an updated 80 series off the evo 9 Fq cars its bigger spools the sake and makes more power and they are strong as hell.apart from that it never went wrong once and I drove it hard all the time!

be careful with the 7 engine the rods are known to break.search it if you don't believe me..360 is the max you should go...

the 7/8/9 looks the best IMO.followed by 5/6.

they are very fast when stage 1,nice to drive..I never dealt with Mitsubishi so can't comment on there ****e customer service..this too was my hero/dream car and I would 1000% own another..

i guess any car there's good and bad.shame it gave you so much trouble :(

Yeah fully understand what your saying Lee...
Any how I'm not getting an evo.. Only Chris knows what I be getting this weekend....:p

Reaction score
Country
I'm just saying mate,there's plenty of nice cars out there to own ;).

look forward to see what your getting.

lee

Reaction score
Country
I'm just saying mate,there's plenty of nice cars out there to own ;).

look forward to see what your getting.

lee
Sure is Lee, as I was gonna you for advice on a evo 8 gsr I was gonna buy.
I will get an evo one day for sure..

Reaction score
Country
I'm quite shocked alot of people are saying evo's are very fast? Yeh they are quick off the line but anything over 80mph they get slapped. For instance my mate (spoilt rich kid) had a 640bhp evo 9 and used to brag how it was the quickest thing on the road, until I got my 490bhp rx7 running and wiped the floor with him. He had me off the line but as soon as I hit 3rd he was dust.

The only plus side of them is people that arnt the best of drivers can get in them and feel like hero's in corners as they do corner well.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I'm quite shocked alot of people are saying evo's are very fast?
Hands down quickest thing I've driven on the road. Can you honestly say a completely standard 300-340bhp, all wheel drive rally car isn't very fast? Because I can't!

Have to watch the lift off oversteer, they arnt idiot proof! Hadn't had my v5 through yet and I found myself facing the wrong way one morning.