What's new

FS: 2002 Red Nissan Silvia Spec R

Reaction score
Country
For sale is my much loved S15 Silvia.

It’s a 2002 Nissan Silvia Spec R. (ball bearing turbo)

I bought this car in September 2010 from Torque GT and it has been a pleasure to own for almost 3 years with no faults or repairs and it hasn't let me down once.

I had lots of plans for this car and there is still so much I haven't got to do, but unfortunately with regret I have to put the car up for sale in order for me to pursue buying my first home.

I have done a few modifications to the car in the time I have owned it, the main one was a complete underside refurb. I completely stripped the underside, removed subframe, petrol tank, fuel and brake lines etc until it was just a bare shell. I then removed every single piece of surface rust and treated the area with high quality products from Bilt Hamber. I also got all the subframe and arms powder coated, heat shields and all nuts and bolts zinc plated, fitted new brake lines, fitted new subframe, diff and control arm polly bushes from Energy Suspension in the US.

It is a great car to drive, it gets a lot of attention on the road and will be a great car for someone who is willing to look after it.

The car has always been serviced by myself with Fuchs Titan Pro S engine oil with oem Nissan filter, and Redline MT90 GL4 in the box which is perfect for SR gearboxes.

Bad points -

. It has a small dent in the front passenger side wing (can only notice in certain light and from certain angles, so hard to take a photo to show)

. It has a small scuff on the front bumper.

. It has a small 5p size rip in one of the door cards (this was like this when I first got the car)

. ABS pump has died so its effectively running non abs atm, with the evo brembos though the brakes as you would expect still feel fantastic and I'm in two minds at the moment weather to replace pump or ditch it completely like so many do.

Spec -

2002 Spec R
70,000 miles
Cobra CAT 1 alarm with 2 fobs
Cusco front strutbrace
HSD Monopro Coilovers
Apex adjustable camber arms
Apex adjustable toe arms
Apex adjustable traction arms
Energy Suspension polly bushes (diff,subframe,rear hub carriers, all rear arms)
JASMA cert'd 3" de-cat system (cat included) (think its a old HKS system)
Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR brembo callipers up front with 345mm grooved Brembo discs and EBC redstuff pads
OEM discs and pads at the back
Braided brake lines (all caliper hoses and rear line from MC to rear T piece and from T piece to each braided brake hose)
HKS Mushroom induction kit
Advan AVS Model 5's 17x9 rear 17x8.5 front

I have recently (August 2013) spent over £1300 on brand new HSD coilovers, Apex adjustable arms, 4 new Khumo tyres and a full laser alignment. This has transformed the car and it really feels great to drive, now would be the perfect time to buy the car as it has just had these new parts fitted and the asking price is still relatively cheap taking this recent purchase into account.

I would also add the car is also sitting slightly lower than in the above photos due to fitting recent coilovers and re-adjusting the ride height, also with the recent alignment the wheels sit much better (those with a keen eye may notice it is running a lot of neg camber and toe in at the rear on the above photos) this has been corrected and alignment is spot on.

I would advise any potential buyers to get in touch and arrange a viewing, I will not deal with time waters or tyre kickers.

The following refurb was carried out over a period of 7 months during 2011 -

Price is £9,000,

Located Wolverhampton WV10

I will not deal with time wasters or tyre kickers, I will be the one who drives the car for demonstration.

Please feel free to get in contact about viewing or any questions, and the project thread is available to view on here.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Now would be the time to buy this.

Car is now sitting lower and really feels great to drive with the new coilovers, the HSD's are a cracking bit of kit and really transform the car!

Price is £9,500

Last edited:
J

James-holt

Hi mate would like to come n view the car, have you a number I can ring you on? Cheers

Reaction score
Country
I really can't believe it if this hasn't sold yet. Iv told two people about it now but I think they were just dreamers its well werth the asking price

Reaction score
Country
Yes still for sale, will be having 12 months MOT and 6 months tax in the next few weeks.

Anyone who is interested please get in touch...

Reaction score
Country
Car has just got 12 months MOT and 6 months tax.

Price reduced to £9,000 o.n.o (serious enquirers only)

Great price for a well looked after S15 in quite a rare color.

Reaction score
Country
im abit astonished on why this hasn't sold yet? looks like a very clean car with some amazing goodies with it

Reaction score
Country
Yeh I've had various people come and look at it but they either change their mind or just don't get back to you.

If a genuine buyer came along and was really interested this would go no problem....too many dreamers.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@liamb91
I really wanted this car, had the money and everything, but got worried about the ABS issue, so pussied out. I did buy a 15 though so i wasnt a dreamer.

I wish mine was as clean as this. GLWTS