What's new

FS: My S15 Spec-R Category C Write off (front end damage)

Reaction score
Country
If anyones interested in buying the car let me know what sort of price you'd be willing to pay..

Hopefully it wont be for sale, but if anyone wants a project, or it just for parts, or to sell on, whatever.

Basically the insurance company are kicking off about the mods, and i'm in the middle of a heated discussion with them about it, and there seems to be a chance they're going to refuse to cough up. But we'll see what happens.

So anyone want it, and give a rough idea of value anyone? needs new front bumper, bonnet, IC pipework, wheel arch, wing, light, air filter. Runs fine with the IC pipework duct taped, just needs a replacement pipe that isnt bent.

Realistically, theres not much work to be done if you can weld. Its just a pain in the arse for me as I cant, and i dont have the time or money to get it fixed as i need a car asap really :(

Vague ideas people?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
This sucks mate!

Insurance companies always try their best to escape payouts...

Who were you insured with? As J0R04N says, which mods are they kicking off about?

Hopefully it will swing your way
:)

Reaction score
Country
Everything was declared, they just failed to note it down, so it seemed. We'll soon see when they dig into the phone records :)

Alloys, intercooler, air filter, 'BODY KIT' (that cracked me up, since there is no bodykit fitted! haha) and carbon bonnet.

Insured with Admiral. And i'm sure i'm going to be avoiding them in future. As cheap as they are, you're getting cheap service.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Not saying this is the case for your policy but.

When I was looking at insurance and spoke to Admiral they said I would have to declare all mods but they wouldn't be covered. For this reason I went elsewhere.

Hope you get it sorted though.

Edit...
Just re read what you said. The issue is not claiming the mods but claiming because of mods supposidly undeclared.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, they'll insure a modified car, but they won't replace the mods 'like for like' in the event of a crash. They'll only replace with OEM parts. That's their policy.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
How much do you want? Pm me please, could be useful as a track car but no idea where I'd source a new front n/s strut

P.S you can't just pull it out and weld, it would be a complete mess

joeh

Reaction score
Country
Not sure with out measuring it and removing some parts :( I am intrested in this my self just not sure if I can get it in to my work to get the bits done!! :(

Reaction score
Country
I couldn't say to be honest, i havent seen a breakdown of the estimate, or had enough time to look at the car before the insurance company recovered it! :(

Reaction score
Country
this has really disheartened me, we pay all this money on insurance and for what!! :furious: iam sorry to here bout this jase hope things go ok for you, you don't deserve this hassle mate ;)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Luke. Thankfully i've managed to source some money to get myself a new car without money from the insurance company. So i'll let you all know about my Non jap, Non RWD "weapon" *cough* when I get it next weekend. haha.

It puts less pressure on me now I know i can sort a car out without waiting for the insurance company.

I'll be in touch though guys and get more photos next weekend if i get time and permission to go to the yard where theyre keeping the car. If the insurance does pay out, I can give you all the auction link that it'll likely go to if anyone really does want it.

Reaction score
Country
For all those who inquired, thank you very much for your offers! However my insurance company has decided they want to pay out now! :D
Just waiting on a phone call this afternoon with their initial evaluation.

My advice for anyone with a car? DON'T GET INSURED THROUGH ADMIRAL. They're clowns. And Aviva is the same price (for me anyway)

Cheers

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Good warning to others but glad you got your money! I have been insured with Admiral but will go with 'Brentacre' next time.

Looking forward to seeing your new ride.

Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country
Crashed mine the other day and elephant have been not bad so far. All i can say is dont settle on the first pay out they offer. Good thing about a 15 is they hold value market value is about 9k to 12k atm so push for that

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Crashed mine the other day and elephant have been not bad so far. All i can say is dont settle on the first pay out they offer. Good thing about a 15 is they hold value market value is about 9k to 12k atm so push for that
Was it no good at ploughing the field? :)