power fc d-jetro
link g4
maybe somthing from haltec
would rather smthing cheap as i cant really afford new

Reaction score
Website
www.driftworks.com
Country
what power are you aiming for man? in most cases, PFD L-Jetro is fine and running with a MAF is less problematic for daily use. You can use a kouki (s14a) PFC, you need only swap two wires over and assuming you are getting Greg Gush to map it, he'll do that for as part of the cost i'd assume. It's only a case of switching the VTC over.

sx-si

Reaction score
yeah getting greg to map it
nah gone topmount for reliability and rather get a little more power out of a map sencor
plus blown boost pipes are ghey
dont think apexi ever made one for the s14a only s14 and s15? either way its getting a bit dated
ill proablly end up with a link g4 from greg and a map im justtryingto save a few pennys
only running 1.2bar on a hks 2835r so im guestimating around 420ish, dont want to go much higher as my clutch for my getrag box cant take much more lol

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
What about vipec v44? Hears very good things about them. Not cheap though.....

Last edited:

sx-si

Reaction score
nistune dont do a d-jetro setup,
i used to run a nistune 4 years ago in my s14a, good ecu but not for what i need

dean i looked at them but i think the link, pfc and f-on ae still comingup top of the list

DOM

Reaction score
Would recommend haltech ps1000 great piece of kit. This runs nice on a map sensor. Greg has experience of tuning one on my s15.

sx-si

Reaction score
greg gush is the only person i trust, the apexi power fc is like 10 years old now and a company that is no more
also the mazda sencor is apparently crap from reading this thread
http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=508395

yeah haltch looks good but wiring it in and the waiting time from aus is not somthing im impressed with

Reaction score
Country
greg gush is the only person i trust, the apexi power fc is like 10 years old now and a company that is no more
also the mazda sencor is apparently crap from reading this thread
http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=508395

yeah haltch looks good but wiring it in and the waiting time from aus is not somthing im impressed with
Are you kidding me? Its proven technology that works dude... You can still buy a brand new Power FC straight from Apexi, I did a few weeks ago...

sx-si

Reaction score
apexi havent made any new parts for over a year now dude
well its obviously not as good as the link or f-con if mappers are noticing that the mapsencor is noticing changes after they turned the engine off, read the link
its only changing the map sencor for another i would prefer a company that still makes parts
dont get me wrong the ecu is good but or the same money i can get better