B9NKO

Reaction score
I can recommend these spats as I've got them fitted to mine! They are very good

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
have you got any close up pictures of them fitted?

B9NKO

Reaction score
I'll try take some photo's today and post them straight up!

Reaction score
Interesting how different parts of the World have different names for the same part. We call them rear pods here.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I must say they are the best fitting copies I have seen. I have a set of fibreglass copies and they require a lot of work to get them to fit that well. I may have to invest in these since I can't find the real thing.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Mike bought my Carbonkits spats from me as I'm now buying a full aero car. I did a quick test fit on the oem bumper I had and they look perfect :nod: It's nice to see a part like that copied very well unlike some of the shonky GRP kits that are on the market.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Arrived this morning pal, i'll take I few pictures of them inside and out and on the car for everyone to have a look at before I get them sprayed. The passengers side seems perfect, the drivers seems to need a little more curve on it but not a bad job, i'll take some pictures this afternoon!

Oh might be after a pic or two of how the standard ones are actually fitted to the car aswell! If anyone would be so kind! :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
You'll need to bond those on mate. Apply a real thick bead of sikaflex or similar on the inside edges and press against the bumper then secure with tape until it cures. Then just fit a self tapping screw into the little bracket at the bottom into the bumper. The two holes inside the arch you just use 2 m6 bolts/screws and on the back use a large washer to lap over the inner lip of the original bumper then stick your nuts on the back, job done :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
You'll need to bond those on mate. Apply a real thick bead of sikaflex or similar on the inside edges and press against the bumper then secure with tape until it cures. Then just fit a self tapping screw into the little bracket at the bottom into the bumper. The two holes inside the arch you just use 2 m6 bolts/screws and on the back use a large washer to lap over the inner lip of the original bumper then stick your nuts on the back, job done :)
Thanks matey, got all that i think! (famous last words) Someone mentioned on here something about the kit not coming with brackets and had to use a few washers? Sorry to sound like a plum but do you mean drill the two holes through the standard bumper? There isnt much land there is there?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
You sont have to drill the bumper mate, the hole in the spat actually misses the bumper anyway. What I did was remove the little black plastic part that covers the edge of the bumper. Then put your bolts through the spat. I'd you then put a large washer on the back of the bolt you'll see it laps behind the edge of the bumper lip so that when you fit the nut tight it will retain the spat back tight to the edge. I don't know what brackets came with the original spats because I never had them but this method is just as good as any an is how I had my genuine ones mounted before Martin took the moulds from them. I hope that makes sense, if you offer them up and try it how I said it should become clear mate. After alls done you will just need to trim the bottom edge of the cutout on the black plastic trim to clear the bolt, if you offer it up you'll see what needs trimming, it's very little and a case of trim it, try it until it's right. ;)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Sorry about the delay some unfitted pics.... having trouble finding anyone that wants to paint them! grrr! Driver side pulls away a little more than the other but nothing a pk cant sort out im sure.