What's new

FS: s15 JIC coilovers

S

s15dave

payment: cash only. $650 ono

item:

Set of JIC FLT FAS coilovers out of my s15 silvia, fairly sure thats what they are. base adjustment on all 4 corners. i bought 2nd hand about 4months ago, used them for about 4 months, 5000km's maybe. i don't know any previous history.

10 way damper adjust.

All shocks and springs are in working order. no leaking. no clunking from the spherical bearings. the rear doesn't have spherical bearings, has rubber boots, which look in ok condition.

One front camber plate, the bearing i think has seized up, i haven't taken it out to inspect, spring spins in the spring seat (so you get that "clang" noise when you dry steer). might be a case of just lubricating it to get going again.

the rear left shockie, the base adjustment is VERY tight, had to use a pipe wrench to spin it. i got it to a reasonable height though. it is pretty low atm, about as low as you would want to go, exhaust pretty much scrapes on every speed bump....and i think its only just legal height at the exhaust (aftermarket, with centre muffler, yet quite tucked up)

you can lower the rear quite easily, by just using the spring seat adjustment. going higher may be a problem with that tight base adjustment.

Overall the shockies work well, are in good condition, make the car handle very well. reason i am selling them is they are quite stiff for daily use, especially the roads i drive on each day. i cant hold a cup of coffee without spilling it!

i can get photos, but they are still in the car....