What's new

WTB: Wanted: S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
Hello guys my name is Magnus and Im from Sweden, I know there are alot of uk guys hanging around here so I thought I'd pop the question if any of you know a good car that I would be able to buy.

I've dreamed of a S15 spec R for a while now and I'm going to the UK in mid may to buy one.. I thought that it would be good to have a few diffrent objects in mind while I go there so please give me any suggestions.

Criteria:

*Fairly standard, will be easier for me to register it in Sweden then.

*Good condition, not to many miles on the clock

*Colour dosent really matters, just not pink. haha

*MOT'd and tax'd

*Price range: Depending on condition up to 10K punds

Where should I search aswell? I' ve got a good eye on pistonheads classifieds and also autotrader, and ofcourse your sale section here.

Thanks in advance / Magnus

Reaction score
I'd say the best place to search for a good s15 would be right here mate, that way you get to see and hear everyones views on that specific car!

Just a shame you cant have a modded one mate, as mine would be a good buy!

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Wayne, I see what you mean. Are there many "sales" here? Often I mean.

Yeah I saw your car, very nice... Almost a bit to nice for me haha... By the looks your car is in showroom condition :)

I've seen this one on pistonheads

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2169773.htm

To me it seems resonable, what do you think?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Its not exactly out of line the bonnet swoops down more towards the front of the arch but you can put it up using the rubber stoppers next to where the hearlights are :)

Reaction score
Country
okey, Do you guys think it might be a good buy?

What should I look out for? Anywhere the rust usually takes place?

Reaction score
Suspension turrets + chassis rails + sills for rust, look for any front end damage, rear end (under boot carpet turret),

Reaction score
Country
Okey thanks,

I'm upping this! Not to long to go before I come to the UK, anyone heard of any good Spec R for sale recently?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I would second that ^^^^ If i was in the market for a spec r wayne's would be getting bought time and time again :)

Reaction score
Country
hahah sure, wayne.. your car is so mint. And it is sort of a bit to nice for me almost.. I wanna be able to go out at night and do some racing / drifting.. your car feels to good for that almost, it deserves to be in a showroom.

Reaction score
Country
Bumping! Im coming monday! Anyone want me to liberate them from their S15 ;)? Or haveheard of any good sales? I have a few in mind, but it's always nice with more choises.

Reaction score
Country
Alright guys, I'm now in the UK for 2 more days, I had a in plans to look at Doug's S15 with the aero kit, but sine it was a cat D all my english friends warned me and I got a bit put off by it. Is there anyone alse that has got a good last tip for me that I could go and look at tomorrow, is there anyone that wants to get rid off their S15 spec R, please pm me here =D

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
If you can talk craig into selling his to you then you would get one of the CLEANEST S15's I have ever seen :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yep i have a tip mate - if you are turning the car into a drifter or circuit car and the price of a cat d car is right (as in a fair bit cheaper than the going rate), then properly look it over, find out why it is cat d and consider it :)

i wouldn't buy a cat d to be my pride and joy, but if i were looking for the basis of a race car of any sort then cosmetic repairs wouldn't bother me at all if the thing was structurally and mechanically sound - besides, cat d means that the car can be safely repaired but is beyond economical repair (usually because repairs are priced at main dealer prices and rates), and with a car like the s15, it doesnt take long for the cost of replacement parts to render the car a total loss :thumbs: a cat d car intended for motorsport is a potential bargain :nod:

edit: and alan is right, craig has a beautiful s15 for sale at the moment but i doubt you'd want to drift that if you saw it lol

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
And I wouldn't sell it to a drifter either! :p

Cat D/C on S15's means nothing anyway, nothing compared to a Cat D/C UKDM car anyway. There are plenty of cars on here that have had some fairly bad knocks and repaired with used parts from S14's - they are the ones I would presonally avoid!

I was watching your car on eBay muzza, when they were selling it damaged. I assume you made them an offer for it off-eBay as it was removed from auction before the end..

If I was to tap mine into the back of a Transit for example, it would be written off when you consider the headlights are well over £1000 each, bumper £1000, bonnet £500 etc. then theres the labour fee from the garage, hire car bill, and everything else that goes with it. The insurance companies would see it's a rare import and just cut their losses.
As I have stated in my for sale ad, mine was damaged a couple of weeks after it was imported in 2005 but as Martin repaired it with brand new parts, it's actually benefited from the damage in the long-run as it's now better, cleaner and stronger than new.

T

the_muzza

Thanks for the wise words boys.. My car is better than ever now, and the guy who Mange got to ring me seemed to think my car was worth nothing as it's a Cat D.. If it's going to another country that would mean nothing, and to just write my car off because its got a few words on an HPI is ridiculous. Plus in my eBay ad you can see the damage was extremely minor.. It was written off because the parts were too expensive as my man above says

He did Mange no favours to be honest, and he should definately have looked at mine.. Ah well its his loss.