What's new

WTB: S15 helical or 2-way diff - What have you got??

C

cad

As above in need of a new diff so considering upgrading to a 2-way for the small price difference but all considered??

Thanks,
Dan

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Do you drift? if yes then 2-way! if no then stay helical

I drift so i have a 2way its awesome :D carefull in the wet on roads though

C

cad

Well I'm stearing towards learning to drift so modifications are ideally in that direction - but I do like fast road as well so think I will just need to learn to drive better!

But for the price difference between helical and 2-way I'm more focused on a 2-way diff if anyone has one for sale.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
In that case mate get a 2way! it really teaches you how to control your throttle! i love my car for fast road driving however it is to still atm! but adjusting my dampers is easy....

the back end will come out easier but it is more easier to control. hard to explain with out driving a car with one etc.

If im at pod or somthing and your there i will take you out and show you etc. or your more than welcome to pop over to coventry and ill take you for a spin etc.

C

cad

I think I'll take you up on that offer mate! Be good to meet you anyway but even better to try it out! Think I may have found myself a good deal of a second hand 2-way as well!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Most of my driving ie road and I have a 2 way. Don't find it to be a problem at all.

If you get a 2 way, the S15 diff will sale for good money..

Reaction score
got a tomei 2way with ver low miles. didn't like the clanking. always had redline oil in it. 400gbp or 500gbp with 4.1 ring and pinion to shorten the ratio. believe me, it makes a lot of difference. also shafts available.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Kazz and Cusco 2-way are quite loud so you have to live with a fair bit of clanking... Nismo is expensive as it's all to do with how many plates to make it quieter and more bearable to live with...

But even on a dry day out on track putting car through it's paces, a 2-way will power the car better and feel better so it's not just for drifting ;)