What's new

FS: S15 Carbon Exhaust Manifold / ABS Unit Heat Shields - BIG REDUCTION - £57.50 inc del

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Purpose

The purpose of this product is to significantly reduce the amount of heat istransferred to the ABS unit, brake lines and consequently the brake fluid, from the exhaust manifold and turbocharger. These are especially useful when you are using an aftermarket tubular exhaust manifold or a top mount turbo setup.

There are clear asthetical advantages to these too. They will hide the unsightly ABS unit from direct sight and add appeal to your engine bay.

Construction

Construction will be mainly of carbon fibre and aluminium while the fiberglass versions will be fiberglass and aluminium. The resin used to bond the layers together will be a Class 1 Fire Retardant resin. This is probably overkill but I have been told it is the most heat resistant resin you can get, so we are using it.

There will be a 1.0mm thick aluminium heat reflector facing the exhaust manifold which is designed to reflect the majority of the intense heat emitted by the exhaust manifold. If you do not want this fitting just let me know and I'll leave it off but it is not advised.

Every aspect of this product is made in the UK. Quality is guaranteed to be consistently exceptional and fitment will be perfect. A comprehensive fitting kit and instructions are included.

Competition

Topstage are the only other company I know of who make items like this. In fact, I have had one of these fitted to my car for the last 2 years. Considering I only drive about 3000 miles per year, it has not lasted well at all. There are areas of burned carbon due to the heat reflector being inadequately sized and positioned (0.5mm aluminium cut with tin snips!!). Overall quality is poor with distorted surfaces and a poor surface finish. I do not consider this to be in the same category for performance and quality to ours.

Cost

The cost will be split depending on if you are a contributing or non-contributing member. S15OC membership is available here with donations starting at £10.

Contributing Members
Fiberglass (gel coat finish, carbon consruction) - £119
Carbon fibre (as pictured) - £129

Non-Contributing Members
Fiberglass (gel coat finish, carbon consruction) - £129
Carbon fibre (as pictured) - £139

Prices DO NOT include delivery

Delivery

Charge includes delivery and all packaging materials

UK and Northern Ireland - £15
Republic of Ireland - £20
Rest of Europe – Please enquire with address
Rest of world – Please enquire with address

Pictures..

TopStage heat shield vs S15OC heat shield
Quality of S15OC heat shield is far superior​

S15OC Heat Shield
Comes with plastic protective layer over the aluminium to prevent scratches which needs to be removed before use

Fitted

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
List

Black = Registered interest
Red = Paid

1. Craig8585
2. adz87kc
3. Sniffy
4. koullis
5. S15AK
6. AllanOrr
7. Ichigo-300
8. Wayne S15R
9. TomK
10. Suspect
11. nutsnbolts
12. armouredsnake
13. Aikens15
14. eiden88
15. djmasterg
16. Topper
17. NeilTSport
18. Dan H - Fiberglass

Reaction score
Country
hi mate
I would need you to give me a couple dimensions as italian friends of mine needs em to check if those fits their lhd s13/14s too, plus is the fitting kit kind of a fixed type or it can be moved to suit brake pump/other stuff?

thanksssss :D

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah no problem mate, but it'll be around a week as I'm not at home at the moment.

The fixing kit will be strips of aluminium cut and formed to shape with stainless hex screws and bolts, so I could include longer strips that can be bent and cut to shape very easily :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yes they would. The only reason I'm offering the fiberglass version was because a few people from the cooling panels GB had the black fiberglass ones, so these will match them :)

Carbon kevlar is available too but it is a nightmare to work with and costs a bit more than carbon.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No problem mate. I'll PM you the details now :)

T

teezn_180sx

Interested..... just curious on price to Australia.

Also inquired into the cooling panel... so possibly could get sent together.

Cheers.
chris

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Does anybody actually want one of these?! I've ordered 20 and only 3 people have paid so far..

If you registered interest (see post 2) and don't want one, please can you let me know so I can remove you and cancel your panel.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
sorry craig, i know i registered interest mate. still waiting to see if my stainless manifold heat shield design works out, don't want to buy this until i've figured that out mate, if it works, i wouldn't need this. if it doesn't, i'll buy one ;)

Reaction score
Country
hmm. If u will have any extra, i can pay you and get one, no prob.. first ive been more interested on panels.. but i can order that later tho :)
do ya have pics? pm me.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've took pictures but forgot the lead to get them from my camera to laptop! I will get them uploaded ASAP.

They have come out perfect. The heat reflector has the backing film left on it to ensure it doesn't get scratched and so you can peel it off yourself! :)

Reaction score
Country
still gathering interest on nissansilviaclub, but I still didn't have any luck, plus I just had to pay 400euros to fix my car :(

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if you need to make numbers up craig, i'll buy one in case my thing doesn't work out and if it's needed i have it, if i don't i'll sell it. either way you won't be out of pocket....

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Vengee - sure, I'll get you a quote for shipping a cooling panel and a heat shield together to save money on shipping

Dean - I haven't even got you on the list so please don't feel obliged to have one! Nobody's obliged to have one but it's a bit annoying when I order 20 and the majority of people seem to have changed their minds. If you want one then that's fine though, I will certainly have some spares. :)

I have ideas for more GB's too, but they can't happen until I recover the several thousand pounds invested in this. But I might not want to risk it again..