What's new

WTB: Steering rack

D

djmasterg

Hi

I am looking for a steering rack for s15. Don't really know if s14 is the same, so if anybody knows or have one, please give me a shout.

Thanks.
GReg.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Don't quote me on this but I was told that there is a difference between Spec S and Spec R steering racks and that the S give more angle. I cannot confirm this because I haven't compared the two but I consider the source to be reliable.

D

djmasterg

Anybody????

A bit off topic - will s14 steering rack fit s15 ??? (Question to mechanical experts)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I can't see it not fitting mate but don't quote me. It's a really strange problem you've had with it. If it wasn't full of oil you could probably lay a small weld over where the oil is coming from to stop it leaking. Is that part alloy or steel?

D

djmasterg

Craig

It started to leak where the red arrow is

And so I placed a M12 very short bolt on thread lock permanent glue. It worked for 10 miles or so, and then again power steering went bad again. So I went underneath to see if the bolt is still there. But I noticed a new leak - where the green arrow is. So I assume that some kind of inside PAS rack whashers / sealants may be old or I damaged them during long drifting session - like I said before - on snow with lots of steering involved and PAS fluid was overheating.

Anyway - I have an offer to get a full power steering rack for good money, so I will grab it, and leave the old one to get it reconditioned.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Ahh, ok. It sounds pretty shot if the base of it has actually cracked. Are you fitting a S14 one?