What's new

WTB: S15 Coilovers

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Teins bursting on UK roads?? What a load of rubbish!!

I've not even seen cheap crap off eBay 'burst'... what the hell is that supposed to mean lol??? :wack:

Well I always speak as I find and I find SuperStreets brilliant... my mate who had a Supra for couple of years had Tein Flex and said they weren't good at all but either the setup wasn't right or it was too harsh for UK roads. The main thing you got to be careful about is getting too harsh even though the brand might be decent - anyways Mat has already explained so I'm teaching you to suck eggs lol... Same friend has sat in my Silvia countless times and can't believe how fantastic my Superstreets are compared to the Flex he had on his Supra!

Also same mate has now got Aragosta on his RX-7 - typical Jap spec decent branded coilovers but too harsh! When I follow him on country roads I watch in amazement as his car bounces on the bumps and crests like a Noddy car... he's fighting the steering wheel whereas I just put my foot down and absorb all the nasty bumps and cambers like rally car in comparison haha :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i have tein flex and they are hard - but they are a quality damper and still absorb bumps in the road well and aren't crashy in the slightest - they have been on uk roads for 2 years and havent rusted, dont leak and havent lost any of thier performance at all. they are not cheap coilovers and obviously have teins reputation to back them up, but i would not reccommend them to anyone using a daily driver but in my opinion they are perfectly capable (not everyone would be happy with them though this is my reasoning). the only reason i always suggest the apex coilovers is because there are enough people that i trust using them that say for the money they have been extremely pleased. i recall a few problems with the gen1 coilover apex sold but havent noticed the gen2's having any particular weaknesses. there is no doubting that the jdm brands probably have more of a pedigree and definitely have more kudos to owning them if you'd call it that, but if you polled sxoc on who is running what, i think you'd find that the apex/driftworks coilovers are fitted to the most cars and the reasoning behind it is....
1: performance for price
2: product support and availability: having bought them from uk companies that keep a large stock
and
3: due to them being so popular, you have a larger portion of people to seek opinions from in the different application in which they use thier car.

mitto seems seriously into his competition and obviously knows his stuff, but maybe he should put that aside when choosing a coilover for his missus daily runaround - unless he wants it set up for the occasions when he drives it instead of how you'd like it day to day but thats only an assumption, i'm not saying its what is actually going on.

K

kababaka

mitto seems seriously into his competition and obviously knows his stuff, but maybe he should put that aside when choosing a coilover for his missus daily runaround .
HAHA! you'd think! But this is what I have to deal with :rotfl::nod: He likes to get the good stuff, I'm in no doubt that his opinion is very educated - but I have taken on board what people have said, and asked him about it and we've had some discussions. I'm not a big spender when it comes to my car - I spend enough on fuel! So for me, I'm just waiting to see what comes up for sale. Obv DW will do us a great deal, but new stuff is still out of my price range really. I can afford it, but i'm just not interested in spending a fortune.

However, saying that, suspension is very important to me - i don't want my ass to hurt!! I'm in no hurry to get it and want to get the best I can for my money.

Lupix: what you're saying sounds great! I'll keep the super streets in mind because they sound good! (unless you're getting commission for plugging them so much!):rolleyes:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Lupix: what you're saying sounds great! I'll keep the super streets in mind because they sound good! (unless you're getting commission for plugging them so much!):rolleyes:
lmao I wish I could work in the industry!! Would be a million times more interesting than my daily job :wack:

But seriously I went for Super Streets in the end because another mate of mine with Evo (or used to have Evo's) had gone through Cusco Zero (way too harsh) and other brands but decided that Super Streets were by far the best that he ever experienced... and like you taking Mitto's advice, my mate is one of those guys who's very clued up and talks no bullsh*t lol so after thinking about Apex/CS2/HSD/Cusco/Nismo etc I decided this was going to be the best value for money package. Got mine from Camskill for around £800 including all the pillowball top mounts :)

Had to wait around 3 months tho cos S15 suspension isn't usually 'off the shelf' meh......

K

kababaka

Thanks
I would prob have to go for used ones to be honest - I am not looking to spend a fortune. The suspension on my car now is in good nick, and thats 10 years old so I can't see any probs using 2/3 year old suspension.

If I was going to go for new stuff, DW can do a great price on CS2's, so I'll see what is about. I'm in no hurry!

K

kababaka

After casually looking for coilovers for all that time - I finally got some!! I ended up with Meister-R DCS Zeta - used about 6 times/less than 300 miles and managed to bag them within budget! RESULT (I know this thread is from ages ago - but so many people were interested in arguing about my coilovers I thought I'd give you an update! lol :) )

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Interested to see how you find them as they are going for a good price new and have a good write up ,look to be very gOod kinda similar in appearance to the apex coilies .......

Last edited:
K

kababaka

Craig - I've got nothing against the apex, my concern was cost - New coilovers loose value as soon as they become 'used' : in that respect I think i've done well. - I just waited for the best deal in the end and the condition that these are in vs the price i've paid = :thumbs: Mitto's views are another story...

I will be sure to let you know...although I don't have anything to compare them to other than standard suspension! :wack:

Getting them fitted tomorrow hopefully :D