What's new

WTB: need a 6 speed box for my mates drift car

Reaction score
a mate of mine is after a 6 speed box to put on his r32 drift car. so im after an s15 gearbox in decent condition. this will be going in his car to compete in next years jdm allstars hopefully.

please pm me or e-mail phil.gooby@gmail.com

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i wouldnt if i were you, in competetive drifting he's got to be far better off with the rb box, the s15 wont be able to handle the punishment anywhere near as well....anyway the bellhousings would need modifying/cut and shut or an adaptor plate to fit to the sr box to an rb and its all a lot of effort to fit a weaker transmission

Reaction score
the internals of an rb box is the same as the sr box just the bell housing is different and obv the rb is 5 speed. it is supposed to fit in fine. he wants 6 speed for different ratios instead of building up an osgiken box which would cost loads. if a box lasts a season that is fine.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i cant see it myself mate, i just know that the s14 and s15 boxes are a big no-no in competetive drifting as they are both as weak as one another.....polo on the sxoc went through 14 sr boxes in a year iirc and he has only been through 2 rb boxes in the last 2 years ;)

i could understand a road going s14 swapping for the 6spd as its a nice upgrade and has been done, but for decent power and abuse it just doesnt have the nuts.....mines a fast road car (never drifted or launched hard) and the six speed is starting to moan like an old whore.... it was perfect when i got it but with 350hp/350 ib/ft of torque through it its deteriorated quite quickly considering i've only done a small amount of miles :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
the internals of an rb box is the same as the sr box just the bell housing is different and obv the rb is 5 speed. it is supposed to fit in fine. he wants 6 speed for different ratios instead of building up an osgiken box which would cost loads. if a box lasts a season that is fine.
RB boxes are notoriously much stronger than SR boxes as Dean said, hence why people go through all that trouble to fit them. A 6spd SR box in a drift car is one big waste of money, and gearbox!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If the guy wants different ratios, the easiest way would be to change the diff centre.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol I'm going the other way and this is only to handle streeto with a bit of DWYB/Pembery for the next few years. Chucking the 6MT S15 and getting the RB box with plate adaptor ;)

Yup as Meddler says you can play with ratios by upgrading the diff to 2 way with say 4.x and higher ratio since I'd imagine he needs a decent 2 way to do competitive drifting...