What's new

FS: HKS EVC 6 boost controller - brand new

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
This is THE best boost controller money can buy IMO. It does everything and more than you will ever need from an EBC.
Boost can be related to vehicle speed, RPM, gear, throttle position etc. More details can easily be found on the internet.

Asking price is £430 - but if you can find it anywhere cheaper, please let me know.

I'm selling this on behalf of a colleague who has decided to sell his car so this is no longer needed. Have one of these fitted myself and it is brilliant. Only real downside is that it's overkill for an EBC.

:)

Picture courtesy of google images..
hks_evc6_l.jpg

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Good find! With delivery it's £409 so will do this one for £389 delivered :)

Comes with the English manual too BTW :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
lol, cheers mate! You know where it is if you change your mind!! :p

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
lol, I'm selling this for a friend, it's not stock, honest! And I'm not a trader!! :p

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've never used the EVC S so couldn't say really. I'd compare the specs of the 2 and go from there really mate.

Curryzz

Reaction score
Just looking at this, is this the controller that fits in the ash tray slot perfectly?I quite fancy it, would be alot cheeper than me geting mine remapped with this link ecu, what power cud I run with this with out a remap, so run on standard ecu? The ecu will cost me around the 1200 mark all mapped, expecting around 300bhp, hmmm

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm not sure if it fits in the ash tray slot - it is about the right size but you would probably have to make some form of supporting framework for it.

On the standard ECU without a remap you could set this to about 0.8 bar and probably run 260ish bhp. If you get a remap with Nistune (so using the stock ECU still), you could crank it up to 1.25 bar which should see you comfortably above 300bhp. Usual cost for Nistune and mapping is around £500 depending on where you get it done.

Hope that helps :)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Cheers bud, yeah is does help, aparently the ecu im looking at comes with a boost controller also, i just thought about saving some money and going with just a good boost controller but then to be fair my car is running pretty crapy to what it could be running with a nice map, i think im guna stick with the map, i can also run my dump valve with the new ecu and also it leaves me open to adjust it easyier rather than keeping a standard ecu, Credit card is guna be coming out for the 2nd time this year, s15s tut tut lol

Thanks mate:thumbs:

I'm not sure if it fits in the ash tray slot - it is about the right size but you would probably have to make some form of supporting framework for it.

On the standard ECU without a remap you could set this to about 0.8 bar and probably run 260ish bhp. If you get a remap with Nistune (so using the stock ECU still), you could crank it up to 1.25 bar which should see you comfortably above 300bhp. Usual cost for Nistune and mapping is around £500 depending on where you get it done.

Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
Hi craig,

how are the wheels? done anything with them?

Does the original owner still have the receipt?
How old is it?

Only reason im asking is for manufacturer 1 year warranty which you normally need proof of purchase for.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hi Tom, yeah I've sent them off to have the dent pulled out, just waiting for them back now. Was planning to powdercoat them but they can't match the bronze so I'll get them dipped/stripped and painted to get the colour spot on :) Such a nice set of wheels but I've sold my MX-5 now so won't have anything to put them on! :( Shame they aren't 18" and 5 stud!

He still has the receipt. I believe it was purchased about 6 weeks ago so will still have 10+ months warranty left :)