What's new

FS: exedy twin plate clutch kit

Reaction score
Website
www.xsh-tuning.nl
Hi All,

Is anyone interested in a exedy twin plate clutch including flywheel?
Because my nismo gearbox broke down i i'm planning to go for a z32 gearbox conversion so i cant use my almost brand new s15 clutch (used for about 2500km's), i need to buy a s14 one :mad:

New it kosted arround 1750 euro's, i'm thinking about 1000euro

anyone interested?

Kind regards,
Marco

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
S14 and S15 clutch kits should be pretty much the same (both will work fine), it's just the fly that is significantly different.

T

Toby

S14 and S15 clutch kits should be pretty much the same (both will work fine), it's just the fly that is significantly different.
Really? So i can use an S14 clutch Kit on my 15, with the 15 gear box?

I had heard you can't, but not exactly sure how to check... (without buying the kit of course)

Reaction score
Website
www.xsh-tuning.nl
No you cant! because the flywheel is to thin. The release bearing and fork won't make it to the presure plate

I have them both next to eachother, and the s15 flywheel is around 5cm thicker.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I was under the impression you could use the clutch from an S14, but you have to keep the S15 flywheel.

Reaction score
You can use the same pressure plate and clutch plate but the flywheel is different.It is thicker then the S14. I just put a lightened flywheel on mine because the dual mass was starting to get to much play in it. I had to use an S15 specific with bolts that were longer then the S14 stock ones.

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Really? So i can use an S14 clutch Kit on my 15, with the 15 gear box?

I had heard you can't, but not exactly sure how to check... (without buying the kit of course)
Yes you can, just have to keep the S15 fly or use a S15 aftermarket fly. I fitted this setup myself and it works really well. People who say you can't clearly haven't tried it!

No you cant! because the flywheel is to thin. The release bearing and fork won't make it to the presure plate

I have them both next to eachother, and the s15 flywheel is around 5cm thicker.
Clutch kit doesn't include the flywheel.

Reaction score
Only problem though on topic here is the exedy twin plate clutch that this guy has (i have a super single so pretty similiar) is a kit. The clutch cover and flywheel have to be used together.

T

Toby

I have an Exedy Aftermarket Fly on My s15 (Its not dual mass) If i mesure the thickness will I know if it will accomodate a S14 clutch kit?

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Why not just buy a z32 conversion to suit the s15 and keep your new twin plate clutch?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Why bother? The majority of people never have a problem with the 6-speed box on moderate power/torque. And personally I would rather buy an uprated 6 speed gear set for the 6-speed box than do a conversion as it obviously retains the 6-speed and avoids problems associated with gearbox conversions.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It's a shame that the aftermarket gearsets for the 6 speed aren't much stronger than the factory item. I heard there was a company here in Oz looking at making stronger gearsets, but I haven't heard any more about it.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The ones I have been looking at are rated to 650bhp with a shorter ratio on the longer gears. They do straight cut or dog engagment if you want it too. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.xsh-tuning.nl
Why not just buy a z32 conversion to suit the s15 and keep your new twin plate clutch?
I have fitted the z32 gearbox now! because of the long diliverytime on the s14 flywheel (90days) i buyed a complete s14 kit because i wanted to drive again

So my s15 set incl flywheel is still for sale :)