What's new

WTB: spec r 6spd gearbox

D

djmasterg

Hi

I am looking for a gearbox in good condition (no noises on bearings). If anybody has one please let me know.

Greg.

S

saqi

what will you offer me for a 6 speed, rebuilt gearbox... done no miles since rebuild

K

K-Sport Germany

Hello! I have a 6-speed gearbox from my S15 spec R for sale. It has done 58000km. I'm doing a V8 conversion, so I sell the gearbox, engine, ecu, HKS exhaust and other engine components. Everything is in perfect condition.

S

SX2002

Don't limit your self to asking for a Spec R box...they're all the same, Spec S, Spec R...

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Erm.. apart from the amount of gears they have! ;)

S

SX2002

Funny, I thought ALL 6 speed boxes have 6 speeds...I don't know about other countries, but here in Australia every model was turbocharged and came with either a four speed auto the 6 speed manual...

D

djmasterg

HI

Correct me if i'm wrong, but :

Spec S in Australia had 6 speed gearbox and came wiht turbo charger, that is why user SX2002 didn't see the difference between spec r and spec s.
To K-Sport Germany: I just want this exhasut and diff, so we leave gearbox for later,

Thanks
GReg.

S

SX2002

All models here in Aus, "S", "R" and "GT" came with turbos and 6 speed...other than those with autos. There were no none turbo models delivered and sold here at all. The only difference between them was the trim levels, sky lights, spoilers, side skirts, etc.

Last edited:
D

djmasterg

That is why craig8585 said about amount of gears - in UK we know the spec S as a non-turbo 5 speed or auto, and a spec R as a turbo with 6 speed gearbox. hope that will clear things up.

Regards.
Greg.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
All the ADM cars (Spec S and Spec R) are actually Spec R JDM models. There were also the Autech which were non turbo and 6 speed, just to confuse everyone more.

D

djmasterg

Guys, Its 00:20 in Uk, so I need to say: have a great chat, but I am off now for 8 hours of bedtime :)

Good night,
Greg.

S

SX2002

Never seen an Autech or a non turbo one at all, who brought them in, there is nothing in the new car brochures or workshop manual about them??

S

SX2002

Power...200/7200?? If I read it right and this refers to HP the info on that page is wrong..the Autech is non turbo and wouldn't have the same output as a turbo version..my Spec S is turbo and (when it was stock) produced 147kW (200HP) @ 7,200rpm.
I had a Pulsar with an SR20DE motor and it developed 140HP?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
This thread is going way off topic, but I will answer the question.

The Autech did come with 200hp, the same as the ADM spec cars. It has a highly tuned version of the SR20DE running on 100 octane fuel. This is the reason they are the same output is that the ADM cars, as the ADM's have been detuned for our lower octane fuel. The JDM Spec R had something in the region of 180rwkw again on 100 RON.

You must remember SX2002, this is an international forum that has members in all parts of the world and anyone outside NZ or Aus will more than likely have a JDM car. There are a ****load of differences between the JDM, ADM and NZDM (yes the kiwi's got their own version) cars and just because the ADM cars were sold here, it doesn't mean there aren't heaps of JDM spec cars in Aus, including the Autech. Just have a look at some of the Jap import car sites. If you have more questions not related to the original intent of the thread, I would request that you start a new thread.

M

Macca

i need a 6 speed manual with prop shaft, clutch bolts, flywheel and/or bolts and bell housing bolts . to go into s14a. Can u help ?