What's new

WTB: s15 coilovers wanted

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm wanting some coilovers for my s15. I have apex coilovers on there now, nothing wrong with them apart from they are s14/a coilovers. There is a difference between the s15 and the s14/a. The rear turrets are slightly higher and therefore i can't make the flared arches of my car sit ontop of the rear wheels.

Has anyone got any s15 coilovers or know where i can get some? I was looking to spend not much more that £450/£460 tbh so what you got? how old are they? etc.

cheers

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm thinking seriously about selling my Tein Super Streets because my fronts won't go any lower (and no, I'm not removing helper springs!!)...

But I guess this is of no use - you buying my Teins so I can go out and buy BC/CS2/HSD coilovers to replace etc... cos I think the fronts won't go low enough for your needs lol?! :wack: I've got my fronts on the lowest setting and they still clear just above the front tyres. The rears on the Tein's can lower over the tops of the tyres no probs but the fronts are being anal :(

J

sx-si

Reaction score
rich id love to help but my cusco ones would cost me like 2k to replace
would it be worth talking to apex?

lupix check my project thread in a month or 2 (got some super knuckles)
i personally wouldnt sell teins for crappy low cost coilovers even though i like the cs2's

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I'm thinking seriously about selling my Tein Super Streets because my fronts won't go any lower (and no, I'm not removing helper springs!!)...

But I guess this is of no use - you buying my Teins so I can go out and buy BC/CS2/HSD coilovers to replace etc... cos I think the fronts won't go low enough for your needs lol?! :wack: I've got my fronts on the lowest setting and they still clear just above the front tyres. The rears on the Tein's can lower over the tops of the tyres no probs but the fronts are being anal :(

J
are the super streets really that much different to the flex's? on the flex's i have you can go lower than you'd ever need to due to the shock body being threaded all the way through the lower mount....where is the problem with your adjustment - is it the shock bottoming out in the lower mount or is the bottom collar of the spring seat against the lower mount? sorry if i'm getting this completely wrong mate but i havent seen super streets before ;)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
the superstreets don't have a threaded body. That is why they don't go as low as others. This is the reason (at least in OZ) that they are road legal, where as the threaded body type coil overs are not.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Soz for hijacking Richy's wanted thread?! I won't post anymore except to confirm that the Super Streets are at the bottom of the thread. The collars stop and that's it - game over!! :(

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my apex ones. Because the apex ones are off a s14/14a there must be a difference in high between the 2 models because the threaded body is as low as it can go into the lower concealed mount. Bren has kindly sent me follower springs which can reduced the hight again and i'm certain i can run the hight i want but tbh i don;t want to mess with them.

I have all new suspension parts on the car, alloy diff bushes, apex alignments arms, alloy subframe bushes and hub and lower arms are polybushed. So would like some new coilies, get it aligned and never have to worry about suspension again you know

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Rich have you looked at the GAZ website? they make alsorts. A mate of mine in work got ones custom made for his mx5 as his Tien ones didnt go low enough. But his car is stupidly low like you would struggle to get you arm uner the car. He paid around 400/500 mark i think.

HSD TT's
K-Sport are arround 500

Get back on to jim and try and get him to do the TT's For the same price i got mine. Bribe him with a 6 pack.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Let us know how you get on with them please, as i'll be looking for some new coilovers later this year.

Reaction score
damn missed this. I have second hand Tein Flex for S14 on mine I can lower it to the ground if I wanted and with the EDFC system you should have been able to pick up some good ones for around £500 all in.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
damn missed this. I have second hand Tein Flex for S14 on mine I can lower it to the ground if I wanted and with the EDFC system you should have been able to pick up some good ones for around £500 all in.
Sounds good but what dose EDFC system mean?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Tein's EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) lets you adjust the damping force of your coilovers 'in car'. Basically it's a bling bling gizzmo that turns the damping adjuster poking through your top mounts... IMO it's a lazy version of walking around the car and manually adjusting the settings lol. I've got my Super Streets on the hardest setting at the front and 2/3 hardness on the rears - never needed changing again even when I'm off public roads and out on track etc :)

Maybe it's different for people with Tein Flex as you can go from 'hurts your ass' to 'breaks your spine' settings haha :p

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am going to buy them for my super streets. The roads here in Oz are absolute crap and it's a pain removing the rear parcel shelf to get to the back adjusters when going to the track.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i have the edfc and its a great little gadget - if you hit a lovely smooth road you can just push a button and youre set to hardest all round, feel some bumps again - back to soft :)

Reaction score
Tein's EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) lets you adjust the damping force of your coilovers 'in car'. Basically it's a bling bling gizzmo that turns the damping adjuster poking through your top mounts... IMO it's a lazy version of walking around the car and manually adjusting the settings lol. I've got my Super Streets on the hardest setting at the front and 2/3 hardness on the rears - never needed changing again even when I'm off public roads and out on track etc :)

Maybe it's different for people with Tein Flex as you can go from 'hurts your ass' to 'breaks your spine' settings haha :p
Yeah what he says lol:p apart from the spine breaking bit hence why I have S14 version, if you check out the tein site you will notice the spring kg load is lower giving a less harsh ride. Method in madness James :wack:, & James replied to the Driftworks request bout the arm as well mate plus a link to the ones I have(on my Members Car section):thumbs:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i find that despite being really firm - the tein flexs are anything but harsh......they still soak up most little bumps and have a nice refined ride comfort to them. they arent crashy at all but i only run them on the softest setting on regular roads rounds here. the only problem i sometimes have with them is traction, if you're nailing it up a bumpy road the rear can have a tendency to bounce a little causing wheelspin as you lose some contact, but i find it highly entertaining and as i know it does it i know what to expect.......

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Meddler - I've been thinking about drilling a couple of holes in my parcel shelf just so I can get my finger tips to the shock adjusters hehe :wack:

Rik - cheers mate and replied ;) Can't believe the S14/15 have different spring loads?!

Dean - good to hear the Flex is decent on normal roads as well as the Super Streets. I think Tein is one brand which is still worth going JDM and all that shizzle... as good as I've heard BC/CS2/HSD are, I'm very reluctant to swap my Super Streets now for the sake of a lower front end!!