What's new

WTB: After a cat as the mot coming up soon

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I have but they only did a fast idle test, so I didn't need it. Pop it in your boot just incase they are funny about it. Bet your looking forward to finally testing the new brakes out!? :)

Reaction score
Country
i had a big arguement with dvla when i taxed my spec r in febuary for the first time. i was told that as the car was registered as new on the log book in january 2001 in japan that it would be eligible for the low rate of tax (bout 130 bucks or so) but as the car was registered in the uk for the first time in early 2008, THAT is the date the dvla take into account when judging the tax banding. as a result? £405pa...

does this mean that from april i will be in the £245 band?
They do actually state its from the date of first registration in the UK, this is what always catches people out. Yes you should be eligible for the £245 tax. Mine is due end of next month so i should be one of the first to get the new tax rate if it happens so ill let everyone know when i get the renewal notice through.

Reaction score
So Has anyone actually passed an mot with their 15 running decat?

Got my mot tomorrow morning, not sure if I should get up and put the cat back on before?
yes I had mine in January and it passed with out a cat :thumbs:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Ah what the hell I just take the cat in the boot.

The guys where I go are nice blokes so hopefully if they see I have a cat they will pass it.

Bet your looking forward to finally testing the new brakes out!? :)
Yeah I cannot wait, the first 300 miles will be bedding them in though.