What's new

FS: NIStune and ECUtalk for Sale

Reaction score
As you may have read in the project section I wrote off my S15 bigtime last year so I'm selling off bits I have left.

NIStune
This enables you to tune the original Nissan ECU. A board is soldered to the ECU that enable all the setting to be changed - speed limiter, Fueling, Ignition timing, boost control etc. The advantage of this over a normal complete ECU like Motec, DTA, Emerald etc is that the original base tune is existing so you can start tweaking straight away without fear of damaging the engine and if you make a mistake you can reset it to the original settings again.

Instuctions on how to fit and use are on the website: http://www.nistune.com/
This is for ECUs ending with part no. 91F07.
You will receive the board to be fitted to the ECU, a Consult to USB socket cable and basic instructions.
This was never fitted to my vehicle so is new condition.
It currently costs $260 + delivery from Australia.
Therefore I would like £150 and I'll throw in the delivery free.

Note: it does not come with sofware key as I think this isn't transferable. You either need to take the car to a NIStune tuner or purchase the software key yourself for $200 which works out at £111.

ECUtalk Consult LCD display v2
This connects to the Consult plug to read data from the ECU.

Features

1. Sensor display, showing speed, rpm, battery voltage, fuel economy, injector duty cycle (both banks if available), ignition timing, AAC, O2 voltage (both banks if available), water temp, AFM voltage (both banks if available), TPS voltage/%
  2. Trip meter display, showing current speed, fuel economy, and trip average speed, average fuel economy, fuel used, fuel usage rate, distance travelled, and time elapsed.
  3. Fault code reading and clearing
  4. Integrated USB consult interface passthru (the same as using a normal USB consult interface)
  5. Maximum/peak sensor values recorded for the current trip
  6. Time trials (0-60, 0-100, 0-160, 400m)
http://www.ecutalk.com/consultlcd.aspx
You can use the USB consult interface to connect you laptop to the NIStune so both ECUtalk and NIStune can be used at the same time.

It has been used two or three times, but still has the plastic protective film on it (hence why it is white coloued).
This again comes from Austalia for $240, I would like £100.

Reaction score
BTW in case it is not clear the NIStune includes the special cable required to connect Consult plug to USB (USB cable still required).
However you you have the ECUtalk also this special cable is not required, only USB to connect to PC

Reaction score
have you got any screen shots of the mapping software? e.g. the main fuel and spark maps?:)

Reaction score
Fueling:

The values in the table can be shown in several different ways, in this example it is estimate Fuel:Air ratio.
Ignition:

List of all the tabels that can be changed:
Maps
Fuel Map, Knock Fuel Map, Timing Map, Knock Timing Map, High boost duty, Knock boost duty
Scalers
Fuel load scale, Ign Load Scale, Boost load Scale, Fuel RPM scale, Ign RPM Scale, Boost RPM Scale
Limit tables
Min TPulse width, Max TPulse width, TP Load Limit
Enrichment tables
Increase Fuel, Cold Neutral Main Enrich, Cold Neutral Secondary Enrich, Cold Main Enrich, Cold , Secondary Enrich, Temp Enrich, Cold Throttle Enrich, Throttle Enrichment - Fast, TPS Enrichment trigger
Throttle Open Offset, Crank Enrich, Crank Enrich Offset, Engine Crank Offset
Timing tables
Dwell time, Dwell duty, Crank Adv, Idle/Decel RPM Timing, Idle/Decel RPM Neutral Timing TPS
Timing Adv, Timing Adv Decel, TPS Closed Timing
Idle Control
Idle Speed RPM, Idle Stablization
Misc
MAF Translation, Temp Conv

List of other settings:
Injection Control
Injection Multiplier, Injection Latency, Volt Latency Change
Limits
Rev Limit 1, Rev Limit 2, Speed Limit 1, Speed Limit 2, Speed Limit 3
O2 Feedback Control
Closed loop Cut, VTC Min Temp cut, VTC Max Temp cut, VTC RPM Recover, VTC Solenoid RPM Cut
VTC TP Cut, VTC Maximum Speed cut
Flag settings
Feedback Switch, DTC Filter 1, DTC Filter 2, DTC Filter 3, DTC Filter 4, DTC Filter 5

There is also an active forum where tuning is discussed so if you want to fit a Z32 MAF someone will know what setting need changing to enable it to work or if you change to higher flow injectors.
The Software is being updated continuously adding new features.

Reaction score
:thumbs:Is the fuel table displayed in injection time (ms) too or just target AFR?

Reaction score
Fuel can be displayed in the following ways:
Raw
Filtered
Hex
Delta
Knock Delta compare*
Target A/F
Target pulsewidth
Target duty cycle
Target lambda

*Fuel, ignition and boost have two maps each: Normal and Knock.
When the ECU senses knocking for a period of time it changes from Normal to Knock.
The Knock map increases fueling, backs off the timing and lowers the boost to protect the engine.
Both the Normal and Knock maps can be modified.

Reaction score
:) yeh its the target pulsewidth thats the main one. Could you put up a screen shot of that map?:thumbs:

Reaction score
Who did you get this stuff from in Australia, because I'm looking at getting a Nistune. Seems very cheap. Let me know if the Prov sale falls through. Shame about your car by the way. Brings a tear to my looking at that photo.

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't update but it is sold.
I can't remember but it was either PLMS or NISTune direct.