What's new

WTB: Cheapest place to get...

J

Jono

HKS Silent Hi-Power? I could get one from Japan but chances are by the time all the duties are levied on it I'd be as well off getting it from Apex :( (nowt wrong with Apex, but would like to pay less than ?495 :eek: )

Any suggestions??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine came in from Jap in a fooking massive box with my HKS front pipe marked 'warranty returned auto parts'. Wasn't stopped.

A much smaller box from Jap, without that on the customs declaration, was...

Also, you've got to think in terms of the exhaust you want, not necessarily the cheapest you can get. Compare the price, with duty, with what you'd pay for they same thing in the UK...

J

Jono

True - I have thought of that. The obvious advantage of the HKS is the 'Silent' bit. I plan to buy Creasey Decat, front pipe and turbo elbow all at the same time. If I have that lot running through a Nur-Spec or similar I expect I'll be deaf within a month! And I'd rather the car didn't draw too much attention to itself.

Obvious disadvantage is the mild steel section - but I'd imagine this will still last a good few years so it's not a deal breaker.

M

Meddy

The Silent Hi Power is all stainless (Well mine is) I think it was the older high powers that had a mild steel mid pipe. :nod:

Silent is a misleading term as well. Quieter than a Nur Spec definately, but with a decat and a front pipe its still going to be attention grabbingly loud.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There are two versions. I think the 'Hi Power' one is the SS one. Just the 'Silent' and its mild steel front.

Mine ran 84dB at 4k/4.5k rpm (can't remember) at Castle Combe. I call that quiet. Apex single boxes were running 104 and needed bungs....

J

Jono

JP825 said:
How soon are you loooking to get one? I might someone who can save you a few quid?
PM'd! Ta.

As for noise - OK, yes... I do want some noise! :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
My advice, don't speak to SRB. They aren't particularly good value for money and can be even worse at customer service. Believe me on this, I know of stuff that you don't....

M

Meddy

Cant comment on SRB but I can on GP Sports. For god sake if you are after a quiet exhaust dont buy one. They are ridiculously loud. I had one on my Civic for a week and took it off when my ears began to bleed.