What's new

FS: NISMO Low Temperature Thermostat SR20DET

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The Nismo low temp thermostat opens at a lower 62C compared to the standard 76.5C for higher cooling performance.

Price is £50 with free delivery. See here for more details.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ey up mate :)

Is this a deffo good mod cos I'm now toying the idea of getting electric fans when I upgrade the rad to a thicker Koyo item...

Will I still need this thermostat if I was to go electric or will there be a new thermostat setup for running electric instead of stock viscous?

Cheers - coffee Tuesday night again lol?? :D

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you go for leccy fans you'll need a fan controller too which will have a temp. sensor built in, sarting the fans at a preset temp 80 C..? Your stock thermostat should open at 76.5 C anyway, so in theory this wouldnt make any difference, but if you have fans kicking in at 80ishC then you may have the fans battling against the stock thermostat.
Its a shame there isnt a was of adjusting when the stock elec fan kicks in. It would be a lot easier to add another one in, than mess around with fan controllers etc.

The standard single elec fan which is hidden away against the rad kicks in at 95 C and off at 90 C which some people say is fine, but others say is a bit high, but the viscous should keep it below that (if fitted).

:)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Soz I'm getting myself confused now - is this thermostat not the same thing that kicks the fan in?? Thought if the stock thermostat opens at 76.5 deg celcius, this is the temp that the stock viscous fan kicks in??

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Im guessing this is the thermostat that opens up the engine block water outlet to the radiator ?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Since my car is also daily driver, is it a bad idea to run a lower temp thermostat... will it allow the engine to get warm enough for everything working ok on a normal drive??

Reaction score
No to your first question and yes to your second.All it is doing is opening up to let the water from the block to go to the radiator earlier than stock. Youll probably find that once the car is running at operational temperature, the water temps will be only a couple of degrees lower than with the stock thermo.The thermostat is only there to allow the car to get up to running temps quicker By allowing the thermostat to open earlier you are only starting the cooling proccess quicker.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, this it the thing with the wax bit in the middle that melts at a certain temp, thus opening up. Your engine recirculates its coolant until a preset temp is reached and then it allows flow to the rad :) It will be fine in a daily driver as mentioned above