What's new

FS: 2002 S15, 350z Brembo F+R, HSD Sus...

S

s15andy

My S15 is very reluctantly up for sale.

Ive had it since the end of last year, and have only just finished it to the spec you can see below. Why am I selling it now ive finished my dream car? I want to get some money together for a mortgage, so im keeping my old corrado and selling the S15 as ive put a lot of money into it, and feel almost scared to use it now! On top of that, im self employed and find myself running around in my van all the time, so it doesn’t get used enough for the amount its cost.

Onto the car. It’s a 2002 Spec S, that has had an SR20DET and manual gearbox conversion from a low mileage S14 (66k, still have the rest of the front cut with clocks) The engine conversion has been carried out very very carefully as I never intended to sell this car. I have retained the ABS and Aircon which are commonly lost with the conversion, the wiring loom is mostly converted by repining connectors, and any other joints soldered and covered in adhesive lined heatshrink tubing. It will be as reliable as any other factory car. The consult port is wired in correctly for engine setup. The car also has a genuine S15 Spec R Helical LSD fitted.

I have noticed some talk on the forum with people questioning late model s15’s regarding the import testing. This car was imported in April 2004, which I believe was before the current testing regulations.

The car has had a good few quality modifications, all have been fitted in the last few months and the car has covered probably covered about three or four hundred miles miles since I have owned it so everything is basically brand new. The brake conversion has only just been completed and the pads bedded in:

Full 350z brake conversion front and rear. 324x30mm front, 322x22mm vented rear. The disks and callipers were from a car with 7k on the clock. The calipers were stripped to bare metal and finished in high temp 2k paint. Latest compound Yellowstuff pads front and rear and Apex Stainless braided hoses. S13 backplates/handbrake mech and new skyline handbrake cables. This is a huge amount of work and money, especially the rears which are documented on this forum, They work as well as I hoped!

HSD HR coilovers. These are absolutely amazing, I cant believe how well these ride on the road considering the fairly stiff spring rates. They are sitting the car fairly high at the moment as I have a lumpy driveway at home!

S15 Spec R helical LSD

Apex Steering rack mounts

Whiteline Poly tension rod bushings

Subframe locking collars

Front strut brace, not in the photos as I forgot I bought it and only just found it today!

There are a pair of genuine Spec R Aero sideskirts in the correct colour and perfect condition to go with the car. I haven’t fitted them yet as doing it properly means drilling the bodywork to fit the clips, and I cant bring myself to do it! They could probably be stuck on instead.

350z Forged Rays wheels, 18x8J front, 8.5J rear. These are seriously light wheels at around 8kg each

Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric tyres 225 F / 235 R

Front mount intercooler

Mitsubishi Evo 9 Recirculating dump valve

Blitz Induction kit

Mongoose 2 ¾ “ turbo back exhaust. Decat with original cat for MOT time.

Stainless exhaust manifold and turbo elbow.

60mm SR20DE throttle body

HD Stage 1a chip.

Poly filled standard engine mounts. These are pretty stiff, they are settling in now but ive got a standard set to go with the car in case you want to change them back.

Shortshift kit

OEM HID Dipped beam Units

Aftermarket 50W HID Main beam kit

There is probably more I have forgotten. The car is in excellent condition overall, absolutely no dents however small and no rust on the bodywork whatsoever. There are a couple of marks on the bottom edge of the front bumper as pictured. The interior is also excellent, the seats look literally showroom fresh. There is a tiny bit of wear to the centre console that S15’s seem to suffer from. The car itself has 72k on the clock, obviously some of these were in Km before import, so it has probably done similar to the s14 engine it has in it.

The most difficult bit is the price. Im putting it up for £8950 ono. S15 prices seem to be all over the place, and im sure this reflects their condition. I know this is not a genuine Spec R, but I know the condition of the car, the quality of the modifications, and more importantly the fact that everything is new as opposed to the half knackered stuff you get on most modded imports. I know some will think the price is steep, but i really dont think you'll find another S15 like it.

Any questions or if you want to come and have a look, please either PM me or give me a call on 07872898991. This is a works phone as well so out of work hours please send a tx first or I probably wont answer!

Photos in the next post hopefully :nod:

Andy

S

s15andy

Thanks, that has made me feel better about the price. I wasnt sure how people would think of it still officially being a Spec S

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Sounds like you've done a top class conversion, so people shouldn't be too concerned. Coupled with all the goodies, it's a winner. Those 350 Rays and Brembos command a decent premium by themselves :)

S

s15andy

Bump!

About to have a fresh MOT on it this week

Must be someone out there thats got some money burning a hole in their pocket for a very nice car :nod:

S

s15andy

Still for sale :nod:

It was looking promising with someone from Denmark, but apparantly he found out he cant import it as there are no official crash test ratings for it there :(

S

s15andy

Another bump

I know realisically its going to struggle to sell this side of Christmas, and is still costing me the insurance every month so if anyone wants to throw me an offer now then go for it...! It has been on ebay and got up to 6300 this last time which was a little way under my reserve, just to give you an idea.

Failing that i think maybe i'll sort the little bits of paintwork out and wait until the spring :nod:

S

s15andy

Now sold :)

Hope the new owner is very happy with it.

One less in the country, its new home is in Holland

Reaction score
:wave:

Import went better than expected! Beginning next week already receiving the license plates :D

I'm very happy with the S-body!