What's new

FS: Group buy on CF Cooling Panels - (Garage Defend Style)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've re-sent the PM if thats what you wanted.?

I dont want to use paypal as it'll end up costing me too much in charges. If you read Mook's post above, he's explained how hemanaged to do it without it leaving me with the 4% fee.. pm me if you need any more details

:)

J

jappy-junk

Sorry for late response, so you are happy with paypal as long as I do it as a gift?

M

Madrocky

Hi guys, i'm new here... how am i gonna purchase this item since i'm from Malaysia?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, i'm new here... how am i gonna purchase this item since i'm from Malaysia?
You will have to concact the seller yourself as this groupbuy is only worth doing if you are in the UK. It would be cheaper for you to get one sent directly to you. There is a link on the first post, in the first page.

:thumbs:

M

Madrocky

You will have to concact the seller yourself as this groupbuy is only worth doing if you are in the UK. It would be cheaper for you to get one sent directly to you. There is a link on the first post, in the first page.

:thumbs:
Ok. Thanks. I will contact the seller.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
did the ebay guy give you an idea of when theyll arrive in the uk craig? that way well have some idea when we'll recieve them....

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, I have a tracking number which is good, so I assume it will be late this week or the start of next. There will be Import Duty to pay as that was the only way for them to be insured properly..

ie.. if the seller said the parcel was a gift worth $20, then it would be a bit difficult claiming if they get damaged.

Once they arrive, I will have to sort out how much the Duty and postage will be, and once I have recieved the money for that, I will be able to send them out. Delivery is scheduled to take 6 - 10 business days via USPS Priority Mail, and they were dispatched by the seller on Monday 12th Jan

Soooo much hassle! This might be the one and only groupbuy I do! :wack:

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=CJ253141884US

Last edited:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cool! you're the man and what you're doing is appreciated (hopefully speaking for all involved):thumbs:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've just checked the status of the panels via the tracking number and it has changed to..

So the damage from import duty will be known soon!!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
spose that means they're here now? im getting a bit excited about this item because if it is a perfect fit we've all got a hell of a bargain really!:D

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah mate, their in the UK now at the Customs Dept. according to the tracking!!

I dont know if I will get the panels and bill at the same time (as has happened before), or they may make me pay the Duty before releasing them.. Won't be long now though whatever happens!!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
BIG UPDATE TIME!!!!

I recieved a letter from ParcelForce this morning stating the parcel was ready for collection after they recieve a Customs Payment!

I've only unwrapped 1 out of the 7 so far, but they were packaged to the max so I wouldn't expect any damage on the rest but will check them all soon. I'll PM everyone in the groupbuy shortly with some more details and postage options..

The overall quality is definatly better than I had expected! :D It appears to be a fiberglass base with a single layer of CF on the top, then a good thick layer of laquer. I dont know how the construction compares to the garage defend ones.

I havent had chance to test-fit one yet as my car is in my garage at work, but here are a few pics of what i found in the box!

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Awesome mate, grand job. Looks like the carbon goes into the mould first then gets a backing of black glass fibre for extra stability, I don't think that's uncommon when it get's moulded as I've had other items for my GT-Four made by a company that does all the CF stuff for Renault F1 and Ascari LeMans teams (which is obviously of the highest quality), and it's a similar finish :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
looks great! I hope next time there´s one left for me....
Benne, I am sorry you could not be part of the group buy, but it would not have been in your economic interest to be part of it as discussed previously. I have spoken with the seller and he assures me there will be more in stock soon, so if you drop him an e-mail I’m sure he will be as helpful to you as he was to me.

On a slightly different note... I did not reply to the PM you sent me a while ago as I thought it was a bit rude TBH. In my original post about 'Garage Defend Cooling Panels', you added the link below, which clearly are not the ones in this group buy...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RADIATOR-CARBO...3286.m63.l1177

I was not prepared to do as you asked in your PM - which was to tell the seller that I only wished buy 6 instead of 7 so you could buy the remaining one. In the PM you sent me, you claimed that you wanted me to do this as you 'found the panels in this group buy on eBay originally', which was simply was not true.

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=3954&highlight=garage+defend