What's new

WTB: Manual conversion parts needed

S

s15andy

Hi, new to the forum and just bought a 2002 spec-s with a nasty auto box which i need to get rid of!

The main tricky thing i need is a manual gearstick surround if by any chance anybody has or knows of an s15 manual being broken?

I have old s13 parts about, im hoping the s13 clutch pedal and master cylinder will fit, not had a chance to look yet. If anyone knows that wont fit....then im also after an s15 pedal.

Ive also got a good s13 gearbox, so i'll be looking for an s14/15 box dead or alive. If i can get a dead one i'll nick its bellhousing for my s13 box, or if anyone has a good box cheap enough i'll put it straight in?

One more question...does anyone know if the prop is the same auto to manual? i have various s13 and 14 prop bits about so im hoping something will work.

Keeping my fingers crossed someone can turn up some bits :thumbs:

Reaction score
The auto drive shaft is a different length to the manual.

Just a question, why use older S13 parts on a newer S15?

Using S15 manual parts would make the car seller friendly in the future

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I was waiting for you to chime in Phil :)

M

Matt_S

Frontyard was selling a gearbox for £450. I doubt its still available, but you could try!

S

s15andy

I may look out for a knackered box for the bellhousing then if thats the sort of money they go for, is that a 6 speed? im happy with a 5.

The reason for the s13 bits is the gearbox i have has only done just over 30k miles, and i would doubt i'll find a better s15 box. As far as wanting to use the s13 pedal etc...thats because im realistic about the very very slim chance of actually finding the correct one! Got to admit its going to be a budget build anyway, ive wanted an s15 for years but they have always been out of my price range...i was lucky in picking this one up for 3400 and its like new.

Resale value with s15 manual bits isnt really an issue either....i wont be getting rid of this one for years!

If anyone hears of someone with some interior trim going though that would be fantastic

S

s15andy

Nope no kidding! It was from a dealer, he had it for ages, fed up trying to sell it and ended up dropping a massive amount just to get rid of it. I even found the same advert talked about on sxoc...someone raised suspicion on it being an s-spec auto which werent made as late as 02? Anyway, ive checked out the reg and numbers etc and its all good....presumably nobody actually went to look at it for that reason

So cheap i literally felt like i'd just stolen it on the drive home! :thumbs:

M

Matt_S

I meant your thoughts on the price of the gearbox! :wack:

Good price on the car!

You might as well get a new surround from Japan (the name of them escapes me now :wack: )

S

s15andy

Ah! lol

Yeah i can understand that for 6 speed boxes. Im used to the realms of cheap s13 stuff, got through 5 boxes on my s13 and i dont think i paid more than about £80.....probably explains why i got through so many!

Your prob right with the trim, i'll get a price