What's new

FS: 2000 W reg S15 Silvia Spec R For Sale

J

james_pa28

PRICE DROP ?8995

Well, I hoped I'd never say it but the time has come for me to sell Silvia! I've decided to think a bit more long term and save for a house etc and try and put my money towards my future rather than solely on cars for now!

Anyway, as per title - It's a 2000 W, S15, Spec R in Pewter (grey/silver).
69,000 miles
MOT until January 2009
Tax until End of June
Full Japanese and English Service History
BIMTA mileage certificate (clocks converted to MPH)
Xenon HID headlights
Electric Windows, mirrors, folding mirrors
Digital Climate control

Two Federal 595 tyres fitted last month, And Two fitted Saturday 08/03/08 - 205/50R16 W rated all round

The car was imported in 2004 and had only covered 7,000miles at this point. Most of it's time has been spent here. I'm the second UK owner.

It's been my daily driver since March 2007 when i bought the car. I've not had any problems or even worries with the car. It's been mechanically perfect and I hink I was lucky to find one so perfect!

The car is only mildly modified such as:

Fully Adjustable D2 coilovers which I fitted at 63k
HKS Hi-power 409 exhaust - fitted at 66k
Blitz air filter
Nismo Strutbrace
Braided Turbo water feeds
Cusco Cooling slam panel
Removed Recirc valve
...And thats about it!

I also have the standard parts to go with the car that I have replaced.
Interior is again standard but with a pioneer DEH-P77MP headunit which matches the car

Dyno'd at 270bhp (215bhp at wheels) shortly after I bought it.

I recently had the front bumper painted to cover a couple of stone chips and an anonymous car-parkers little scuff they had left for me!

Had a new turbo-manifold gasket fitted four days ago.

I'm sure I don't need to explain what awesome cars these are to all of you!

I don't have a list of bad points as there simply isn't any. All things work and work well!

I'm asking ?8995 ovno - please either PM me, post here or contact me (James) on 07970980692 if any more details needed.

If you want to testdrive the car, make sure you bring proof of insurance with you!!!

If I've missed anything let me know!

Last edited:
J

james_pa28

Very nice car mate. Just wondering why it's got s14 wheels?
I have absolutely no idea :eek: lol

They look fine and are the same size so was never fussed. Maybe it had aftermarket wheels that were kept by the japanese owner/export agent and needed a set of standard rims before it was exported?

Thanks for the comment :thumbs:

J

james_pa28

very nice looking car!

If it had 39000mi I'd but it off you!
Unfortunately the further you drive it, the higher the miles get... it's a viscious circle! If you'e interested I'm open to offers if you want to view it?

James

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
looks very nice mate, i like the stock hid headlights with level adjustment. rare and nice

:)

P

Pazz

Thats is a very good price. Wanting to sell up quickly or something? Selling an S15 normally takes a good amount of time.

J

james_pa28

Thats is a very good price. Wanting to sell up quickly or something? Selling an S15 normally takes a good amount of time.
I NEVER want to sell it :eek:

I figure the price is reasonable, when I get my mind set about selling a car, I don't like it to take forever or I get frustrated, I just figured ?10k was a little too high for the mileage I've put on it, with respect to what else is on the market! The longer I hang on, the older it becomes!
:thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's a very low price.

If you want the price its worth, you have to be prepared to be patient. S15 don't sell fast in the UK. Lots of reasons.

J

james_pa28

That's a very low price.
Is it really that low? I'ts a year older and 20k further into it's life now. I know it's quite a good price, but like I said above, I'd rather just get it gone if I've got it up for sale otherwise I'll only get frustrated waiting for it to get older and cheaper!

I've had my fun anyway! I'm still not doing myself out of pocket! :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The thing is, S14s are hard enough to sell for the right price and they are more known, not imports and more plentiful. S15s are probably 5 times more difficult to sell.

This is what Roland sold his for. His had slightly more miles and was a year older.

However, if you want a quick sale, a low price is the only way to do it. Even then you aren't guaranteed a quick one. I take it you put it on SXOC too?

Reaction score
:nod: took 6mths :) The second person to view bought. Although if you put it on piston heads you'll get lots of EVO6 offers :rotfl:

Reaction score
Hi James, im going through the process of selling mine at the moment too.
May i be bold here.....do we not think S14's & 15's are overpriced???
I think thats the reason people find it hard to sell, is the fact they price it to high!
Selling a nearly 10 year old Nissan for 11-12-13k??
and a S14, some of these nearly match S15 prices! its pretty crazy i think.
Dont get me wrong, i love the S15, its a beautifull machine, which is why i was prepared to pay X amount when i bought it, but, its only people like us, that will be interested in parting that kind of money for one, really narrowing the market!!!.
Please dont throw rocks through my window or post me death threats for this comment! its just my opinion!
Good luck with the sale James!! let me know how you get on!.

(perhaps this would make a good discussion in another thread????)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Actually, no, I don't think S15s are overpriced. S14s are underpriced, and that's what makes S15s look pricey. Check out the prices on the VERY cheapest 2002 350Zs. Now check out the price of 1999/2000 Evos (don't bother checking Scoobies as they are as common as dog crap). S15s are a whole lot more exclusive than them. Couple that with the going rate to get a good one in the auctions in Japan and you're looking at bang on the mark.

And the reason S14s are underpriced? Because people are impatient selling them and knock their prices down. Get enough people doing that and it starts impacting the overall market values.

J

james_pa28

do we not think S14's & 15's are overpriced???
Actually, no, I don't think S15s are overpriced. S14s are underpriced
I'm right in the middle of both of those comments! With an S14, I think you get a great car for your money, I'm also still confident in saying I genuinely believe an S15 is worth twice the price! but I also don't really think I want to spend the next 6 months waiting for an extra ?500-1000!!

The thing is I drive around 1500 miles every month so my car is depreciating far quicker than he average!

At the moment the car is on 69k, which to me looks a little more than average so i think my price reflects on this!

I'm pricing my car at what I'm happy to sell it for. Luckily as I haven't had any probelms with it, it doesn't owe me any more than the suspension and exhaust I've fitted to it... and ofcourse a million litres of v-power and tyres, but thats inevitible :D

The fact is I've had my fun, I've enjoyed every moment of owning the car, infact more so than I expected, I was happy to spend 5 figures on the car last year, because to me (an adoring fan) it was worth whatever it was priced at!

Now I've got my head around selling it, I want to just see it go quickly and in the condition it's currently in!

At the moment somebody from NI is interested in flying over and taking it off me for around ?8k - my point of view is he gets a well priced car which and I get ?8k slapped in my hand!

Thanks for all your comments... I won't be unhappy seeing it go for ?8000