What's new

WTB: aero r spec kit

Reaction score
Just got a S15 varietta totally standard and in need of some side skirts, rear spats and front bumper..cheers

Contact me on rwanasen@aol.com or pm me please...thanks in advance..:thumbs:
Rich...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
u will be very lucky to get a aero bumper buddy ive been waiting for one for almost 3yrs now haha even when one came up some body got it already damn ......no name hahah...anyway pablos is selling aeri skirts atm...u can pm him.......:thumbs:

Reaction score
stop sulking ming! :p

skirts do come up fairly reg'.....

sure a few people may have a few things to say about newearparts...... if they're anything like their cars....

japanparts will ship you the bits, but.... they're not cheap new!!!

Reaction score
Is fibre glass really that bad in peoples opinions? Seems fine on race cars :)

Reaction score
aero kit

Cheers guys,
wasn't expecting that many replys....i have pm the geezer selling the side skirts and will try tother linkshe ...cheers richard

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Is fibre glass really that bad in peoples opinions? Seems fine on race cars :)
FRP parts on race cars is the sensible option because they don't cost as much to replace if they're damaged.

Generally FRP kits are an absolute PITA to fit and have to be adjusted and messed about just to get them on. If you ask anyone who had the choice of ABS or FRP and chose FRP, I bet you they'd say they wish they'd gone ABS... FRP will crack at the slightest impact. ABS is MUCH more flexible and forgiving.

Reaction score
Country
I hate FRP and you will too if you try and fit it!

The main reason that i am being delayed finding a decent S15 to import is that i want the original OEM Aero kit already fitted to the car.

Reaction score
aero kit

right got the side skirts (cheers pablo) just need this bumper which looks like is going to be a mission! and the rear spats...
I've experienced a fibre glass bumper with someone rear ending my old civic...just turned into 1000's of bits.....then tried a poly urethane bumper (similar to yr black bins outside yr house)....very strong and flexible only down side was almost double the weight of fibre glass...
abs plastic kinda in between fibre glass and urethane...
.....does anyone know if the rear spats will fit a varietta?

cheers again guys..
rich:thumbs:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
should do they are the same bumpers... its just the top part of ur body which is different cuz of ur open top

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Rear spats you can get colour coded from Japanparts or Perfectrun :) It just the front bumper you'll struggle with due to size.

You can't get the spats and bumper from Nissan GB due to them being JDM accessory parts.

J

j0nbubz

Japan Ebay =)

I got my white aero front from it. Just got to be patient and on the constant look out!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep, I got mine through Yahoo Auctions, however, the problem of shipping still remains. 99.9% of Japanese auctions won't ship outside Japan, so you'll need a buyer. And most buyers won't send something like a bumper....

I only got mine through a very convoluted route and with a lot of goodwill from a couple of people.

Reaction score
front bumper

Just out of intertest if you don't mind me asking...how much did you guys pay delivered to your door?

The reason I ask is people tell me those bumpers are like ''gold dust'' one member said they sell for ?300+...
I've got in contact with an old friend who says it will be ?305 all in (incl. duty and tax) delivered to my door but its a copy one made of fibre glass from the states...
worth it?:rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you want a brand new colour coded Aero bumper from Nissan Japan, it'll cost you in the region of ?800-900 by sea freight. Duty and VAT would be on top.

I got my brand new colour coded Aero off Yahoo Auctions via a Yahoo Auctions buying agent. It was shipped via Vladivostok to Moscow, then brought over to the UK after a couple of months as hand luggage by very nice parents of a member of this forum :notworthy: Cost about ?650 all in.

Both the above examples were genuine colour coded ABS items. You can buy them unpainted, but I don't know how much they are. Won't be a vast difference I wouldn't have thought.

?305 all in for an FRP copy? Erm... CLICK. When I spoke to those guys the other year, they said they'd include delivery in the price... Personally (and by that I mean: personally), I wouldn't touch FRP with a barge pole...

Reaction score
rear spats

understood...
Think I'll try to stay away from fibre glass.
How much do rear spats go for...?
This kit is looking to be more expensive than I imagined...
Thanks again :thumbs: