What's new

WTB: Stock SR20DET Exhaust Manifold (used or new)

Reaction score
Country
Hi,

Does anyone have a new or used good condition stock exhaust manifold for sale/would like to get rid of?
Wonder if anyone also has the URAS Exhaust Manifold Damper/Brace for sale?

My stock manifold has cracked (I most probably accelerating its fatiguing due to many short journeys to work and having to go over many speedbumps / rough car park).

Alternatively, it would be good to hear if owners have used the Tomei expreme manifolds and made them last at least more than a year. Typically it's recommended to support the turbo further with bracing when using a steel manifold. However, the Tomei manifold comes with a bracket which supports the turbo, by having a bracket between the head and turbo flanges. Not sure if this has been any good or if owner's have added bracing anyway?

Many thanks,
Chirag.

Reaction score
Country
Hey Chirag. I have had my Tomei manifold and Tomei elbow on my S15 for about 2-2.5 years now and it has been fine, two Nurburgring trips under its belt and no issues so far. I did read online about Tomei Mitsubishi Evo manifolds cracking at one stage (bad batch?) but not heard that about the SR fitment having the same issue.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Dave.

Can I ask - have you added any additional bracing to support the turbo? Are you using the heat wrap also?

Yeah on the whole the Tomei's are acknowledged to have good quality and they look like a great bit of kit. But their longevity / reliability on SR's seems to be mixed!

Reaction score
Country
Have you checked out APW Engineering on Facebook, they have some immense looking manifolds that are getting really good feedback. If you have the oem turbo set up then you can get an equal length pipework manifold that is a thing of beauty for £550 delivered in the UK